Tournament

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.
LLv34Mika

RE: Tournament

Post by LLv34Mika »

Sounds intereseting... to bad that my game vs Sugar was one of my first games. Had enough problems with myself!

What is the Luftwaffe doing? The usual way is to take the three cities and then just bomb London and the units around London to pieces, drop some paratroopers and the game is over. Seems to be so easy when Sugar is playing. Conquer France, convince Franco to join the Axis, get Cairo, move east, London, finished.

I hope you have some really really really strong allied fighters and enough AA units!? His attack will come, be sure. And btw, he said using the Kriegsmarine is not necessary... I wonder why. If he doesn't use it at all it would be no problem to sacrifice them to cause some damage!? Or are the national morale losses more a problem than the MPPs you sink on the convoy routes?

Keep the updates coming...
"Oderint, dum metuant."
BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK »

Hi!
Well, Sugar is playing methodically he didn't run, he goes, step by step, city by city.
I think i have never seen any encirclement in these time. He just go straight ahead to his objetives. He's never in a hurry. He can focus on a isolated single corps in a city and attack it with a lot of units, instead of advance.
Any risk at all! :)
His panzer are 4 LEVEL right now (1942,March) which is a very bad news... ;-)
His planes support their advance but i can't tell you how are they.
With this "kind" of players the only way is to "force" them to make a mistake... Will i be able to do that?
Well... Let's see...
BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK »

Quick report.
January, 1943
Main hits for Sugar:
* The three main soviet cities are conquered!
* Greece, Iraq, Persia is conquered.
* Axis has around 190 units (maybe more).
* Germany gets 1.500MPP per turn.
Main hits for me:
- I survive!!!! [:D][:D]

As we discuss before, Sugar made his adavance methodically and i was not able to do anything profitable to stop him.

Beginning September Axis Aircrafts move to France and bombed London.

Fortunately, four British AA prevented that London defences collapsed!!! (sometimes a few allied fighter could react to the enemy planes).

A pity because in summer our bombing campaing was being a "success" with important lossed to the German Economy.

Well, after winter... will the western allies able to defend Great Britain?

How long will the German Commander have to wait to get his Total Victory?

Will the soviets able to go back to the battle?

Soon or late we will have answer for these questions![:D][:D]
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Have you gone beyond level 2 for AA? Maybe putting level 4+ AA in London wiuld help.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

BPINisBACK had a 3-star HQ attached to the AAs, the only way to do damage to 2-star-bombers. The predictions were 0:1 attacking the AA in London, after the AAs used up their shots. This way I needed 10 bombers doing 1 damage each, but another 3 to diminish entrenchement.

When I had those 13 bombers on hand, some of them were already too weak to do any damge to the AA, so I decided to choose other targets and wait for spring 43 when bad weather sets in.

That`s the reason I saved the Kriegsmarine from being weakened, when Seelöwe starts she will come in handyly.

Nice game so far, but Axis' power is so overwhelming, only nukes can save the Allies I guess.
BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK »

Russia has level 4 in AA tech.
But, British had less income, they only get level 2...
Will i survive untill 1944?
LLv34Mika

Post by LLv34Mika »

I thought you can not upgrade AA beyond level 2!?

or are you just upgrading your towns?
"Oderint, dum metuant."
BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK »

Yes, my towns and fortificactions but It was too late for Soviets (as German had too many units and Soviert too few that it didn't make any significant change).
And, with the British i never get more than level 2.
But, playing againts a player like Sugar its a priority (reseaching AA).
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

After my game with HarryBanana I had a similar realization that the game should be called 'Advanced fighter tech: the game' [:D]

Return to “The War Room”