What makes one scenario more interesting than another?

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

rico21

What makes one scenario more interesting than another?

Post by rico21 »

Finally, something I don't know [:D]
and you?
Peter Fisla

RE: What makes one scenario more interesting than another?

Post by Peter Fisla »

An interesting scenario for me has a good story and a good challenge. When I play most of the times a scenario and I don't win because its hard, however when I do win it feels great :) I like scenarios where I have infantry and some armor - I also prefer scenarios on the Eastern Front.
UP844

Post by UP844 »

First, I like good challenge. In other words a well-balanced scenario I have a good chance to lose: "Devil's Hill" is a good example of what I mean.

Second, I like scenarios where I have some chance to manoeuvre my units to achieve a victory (yes, even when I play with Russians [:D])

I do not like at all those scenarios where the AI gets an inordinate amount of extra units (and/or OBA) to compensate its lack of skill (and willingness to fire) that simply makes impossible to stop it, even if every one of your fires is a kill (e.g. Seelowe Heights). I understand, however, that given the current AI status, there is no other way to give it some chance. The last changes Peter implemented made the AI a tougher opponent (we don't see 90% of the AI squads broken and solitary leaders charging the enemy positions any more; now the AI will have more active units than before); I think there is one more step to take... but I won't bore you with my ramblings for the umpteenth time [:D].

I also don't like too much playing with late war German armor (and I never did, even when I played ASL), as its use requires very little skill (with some exceptions). I soon get bored of the shoot/kill/find another target routine.

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
lk2500

Post by lk2500 »

The list of scenarios is so overwhelming sometimes for a casual player like myself (which is not necessarily a bad thing, lol). I would love to see a top 5 or top 10 list of ya'll grognards favorite/challenging scenarios (and which side to play).

As I've mentioned to Rico, I definitely love playing the airborne role, but I'm up for anything.

Also - I'm currently reading Company Commander: The Classic Infantry Memoir of WWII by Charles M. McDonald (great book!). Are there any scenarios from around that period - Battle of tbe Bulge and on? I have found and played a few scenarios but I'd love a list if you know some of them off the top of your head.

Thanks!
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Ahh Rico, you crafty little devil![&o]

I didn't read far enough in the forum, my bad!

My response to your question, What makes one scenario more interesting than another is under AAR Desperate Measures.

Cheers!
John[:D]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
fuselex

Post by fuselex »

interesting ?
For myself it is the history behind the scenario.
I`m sure I have mentioned the hours I have spent looking up conflicts and those involved
due to a scenario description.
In the 2 years Toth has been around, I have spent a lot of time on the roundabout they call the internet
reading about veterans from every side . [&o]

If interesting refers to gameplay.

THE DON RICO shouldn`t ask what is interesting , for he has kept us interested.

rico21

Post by rico21 »

The background is very important, that's for sure.
The pinnacle would be to be able to create a campaign composed of different scenarios with core units.

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”