HPS Simulations - Website

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Blond_Knight

RE: HPS Simulations - Website

Post by Blond_Knight »

Tigers on the Prowl 2, Panthers in the Shadows were great games, I cant speak for the other two in that line. But having played some POA2 about four years ago, I couldn't figure out how they had created such an un-fun cluster. I know it was supposedly made for military applications, fair enough, but I hope our Nation security isn't resting on the simulation results created by this thing.
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: 76mm
Poor Scott is having one hardware/software issue after another So please bare with him!
Kind of wears thin after seven years, you know?
While I'm now sold on TU, THIS is why I recommend waiting for a public patch, before buying it. THIS kind of frustration would tarnish anyone's experience with a game, even if it becomes the ultimate game of all time. A person could still have that bad taste of earlier frustration in their mouth.
ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight
Tigers on the Prowl 2, Panthers in the Shadows were great games, I cant speak for the other two in that line.

Dragons in the Mist is the Pacific Theater of Operations, Broken Alliance... think "Patton got his way in 1946 plus the Korean War."
ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight
But having played some POA2 about four years ago, I couldn't figure out how they had created such an un-fun cluster.
I can't speak to POA2, as I don't have it yet(!). But I can say I'm enjoying TU now that mine is no longer Tango Uniform. Of course "Your Mileage May Vary" as you take readings off of your individual funometer.
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
wodin

Post by wodin »

Hmm..well think on this, the reason Tiller split was because Scott was against any DRM measures that John wanted and did.

Things went on before I got involved regarding games and releases etc cos if I was there then I'd done everything I could to have done things differently. I wasn't but what I did was decide to do what I could to help what is a one man band just like Peter is with TotH.

Anyway I was just stating why there might be website issues. Ill health and hardware failures and software nightmares.

ajksr

Post by ajksr »

Not good for HPS
As I have said since 2011 - "Battle On..."
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: wodin
Hmm..well think on this, the reason Tiller split was because Scott was against any DRM measures that John wanted and did.
Interesting...while I'm generally not a big fan of DRM, I have to say that Tiller's version of it is really low-hassle--you get a serial number and can install the games onto as many computers as you want...honestly I don't find that very onerous or unreasonable, so it seems like a strange reason to split up with a veteran game developer like Tiller.
E

Post by E »

Interesting...while I'm generally not a big fan of DRM, I have to say that Tiller's version of it is really low-hassle--you get a serial number and can install the games onto as many computers as you want...honestly I don't find that very onerous or unreasonable, so it seems like a strange reason to split up with a veteran game developer like Tiller.
Whoa! That is a MAJOR change from initial reports. Are you saying he did a 180 degree course change from this?!?....
ORIGINAL: sterckxe (from 2011)
ORIGINAL: J P Falcon
I am curious about any DRM scheme that might be employed....
Call-home to a server upon installation. Once that server is gone you can kiss goodbye to your $50 game.

... and good luck complaining about installation or other game problems on their forum - they haven't got one.

It simply amazes me every time that there are actually people who buy stuff under these conditions.
I probably wouldn't have "written him off" all those years ago, if I'd known he did not go with his advertised intrusive and obnoxious phone-home-protection. (I keep my games too many decades and have seen too many companies come and go, to bother with that protection scheme.)

76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: E
Whoa! That is a MAJOR change from initial reports. Are you saying he did a 180 degree course change from this?!?....
I'm sure that you can install on as many computers as you like, because I've done it. All of the computers I've installed on have been connected to the internet, so I'm not sure if you need internet access to install, but you definitely don't need Internet to play--I just turned off my router to check, and the game started up fine...

Moreover, I have no complaints at all about responsiveness of JTS support, and with their recent release of upgraded Gold editions for all of their East Front games FOR FREE, what is not to like?
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

Well it seems the HPS site server is up and running again! [:)]

--
E

Post by E »

I'm not sure if you need internet access to install
Okay, so you don't know. But that begs the question... why did you make the "low-hassle" claim?

Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

I'm sure that you can install on as many computers as you like, because I've done it. All of the computers I've installed on have been connected to the internet, so I'm not sure if you need internet access to install, but you definitely don't need Internet to play--I just turned off my router to check, and the game started up fine...

Moreover, I have no complaints at all about responsiveness of JTS support, and with their recent release of upgraded Gold editions for all of their East Front games FOR FREE, what is not to like?

My experience is much the same as 76's. I have installed and uninstalled and installed again on different PCs, and never had a problem.

When I have contacted JTS about the 'Gold' versions, they have always been more than helpful.

No complaints here! [:)]
Richard
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

Maybe initially JTS I think did use online activation. And at the time their website FAQ referred to it.
But having bought several things from JTS in the past year, and testing the "activation" with my network card disabled, I can say they're no longer using online DRM. Now its just like Matrixgames, which is super!
whalus

Post by whalus »

Unfortunately, looks like HPS website is down again.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Yeah I used to get a page that they are working on it, now I get nothing.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I guess those games are history
E

Post by E »

This user is on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.
Click here to unblock this user and view this post.

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Huh?
E

Post by E »

This user is on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.
Click here to unblock this user and view this post.

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Sometimes, I don't get the meaning.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

ORIGINAL: Red2112

Well it seems the HPS site server is up and running again! [:)]

--

Might have spoken too soon. I can't access it now.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

Yep, it was running but then it crashed again.

Return to “General Discussion”