I think we need small AI tweak(fix)

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

urtel

I think we need small AI tweak(fix)

Post by urtel »

Here is situation, i'm playing soviets against axis AI on hard. In early 42 i knock Finland out of war, but it was too late to save Leningrad i lost all hexes around city beside one ligth urban hex nort of Neva, now mine line start in that hex and go all way to lake Ladoga.

Problem is that AI(i hope it is scripted in this part) constantly repeating attack on that hex with very weak forces, and in process make mine troops all guard expert and trashing his troops. I guess this is part of script which work on premise that soviet troops in Leningrad are cut off so it just trying to drain they supply or manpower, but that is not case i m not cut off!
So for 6 months AI attack hex every turn with ~1.5-2.5 divisions (over Neva), some time with just one regiment, and shooting it self in foot.
It will be nice somone update scrip to have some check like if Finland is out of war or if Soviets have working RR line around Ladoga do not kill ur self in pointless attacks.
No idea

RE: I think we need small AI tweak(fix)

Post by No idea »

The AI is utterly dumb, especially playing as the axis. They really need to fix it for wite 2, because it makes the single player game feel pointless against the axis, unless you play with absurd bonuses to morale, fortification, supply...

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”