Standing Desk For Gaming??

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Standing Desk For Gaming??

Post by demyansk »

Hi,
I bought a standing desk last year 36" wide from House of Trade on Amazon. I decided not to use it for my main gaming computer and desk. I am looking at other types, electric included.

I thought, why don't I post on the forum to see if anyone on the forum uses a stand up desk for gaming. If anyone does, could you let me know the make etc so I can look at them?

It just seems that with a standing desk the cables need to be longer and the standing component when raised pulls the entire system inward away from the wall.

I just hope someone uses one of these and likes the results. Thanks guys
nicwb

RE: Standing Desk For Gaming??

Post by nicwb »

I've got one called a "Varidesk" - I probably don't use it as much as I should. It's ok (I'm just lazy). I only have the monitor on the desk. You do have to wary about cable length. It does pull the system away from the wall however it is pretty stable.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I use an electric standing desk more precisely this one:
https://www.kaiserkraft.co.uk/office-fu ... /M1028375/

I don't use it in the standing position more than 1 hour (2 on some occasions) a day. I just use it when I'm working. I don't feel comfortable for playing in the standing position, maybe it's me.
As for the cables size, I didn't had to buy any extra-long cables.

You will absolutely need an anti-fatigue mat. This makes all the difference. I've this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Imprint%C2%AE- ... ti-fatigue
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

I have a health condition that prevents me from standing any longer than necessary. So a standing desk is out of the question for me. Anyone with poor circulation should consult with their doctor before investing in a standing desk.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

At my age standing is the least thing I do playing games. [:'(]
JWW

Post by JWW »

I use one at work but not at home. I'm a high school teacher, and I use mine to keep better class control when I'm using the computer, which is hooked to a smart board. I tried it out at home first, but I just didn't like it for relaxing, which includes gaming. But at work I stand for about six hours a day, and I found that the standing desk it better than me having to sit or bend over the computer when working with it with students in the room. They tend to forget I'm in the room if I bend or sit. During my planning hour, I lower it and sit. I bought one of the basic ones from Amazon.
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

I bought a standing desk, but it's too heavy to bring to standing meetings. [:D]
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Good one[:)]

Return to “General Discussion”