Star Citizen

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rising-Sun

Star Citizen

Post by Rising-Sun »

This mixed space simulation and roleplaying is interesting, but huge demand on pc hardware. I can run it, but on average 30fps and some areas are low. That jus the low graphic settings.

Incase you never heard of it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5rXhAJcSeQ

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

They have some impressive actors in it like Mark Hamill, Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson, etc. Saw one from Game of Throne, forgot who he is.
Red2112

RE: Star Citizen

Post by Red2112 »

I enlisted circa 2013 and backed SC with a F7C-R Hornet Tarcker which is collecting dust in my hanger since then.

All I can say is that someday Mr. Chris Roberts will finish his universe, It was once said that it should be done at the end of 2017, from the look´s of it, I doubt it. Since the recent v3.01 update SC moves like a rock and takes forver to connect to the server´s. IMHO it worked alot better before v3. But yeah it looks very nice now, you just need a science PC to move it! Updates are always very big and I think you will need a dedicated HD just for SC!

I had alot of hype with this back then, but to be honest, I wish I didn´t have spent the money I did back then to back them up!
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Yeah just did some research on them...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen

and this one is interesting and not good...
https://www.wired.com/2015/03/fans-drop ... uilt-game/

I got the 45 buck deal along with that mustang ship, that site i mention above they wanted 65 dollars for it. I can understand they are trying to make profit to expand it and as well fixing some issues. But they are getting really greedy.

That sim isn't for anyone though, it is quite complex sim. Wasn't sure if this is like Eve Online that you can go anywhere you want in space and of course i like to walk around on the deck interact with npcs and players and also would like to fly down to the planet surface.
wodin

Post by wodin »

So much money so much hype so much expectation!

Until its released I'll just keep my eye on it. Amazes me how much some have pumped into it!
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Also you will need SSD storage to keep your game data there, it will make a huge different. Gonna try get one someday, but my projects come first before i do.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

The concept is cool, but greediness has raised it´s ugly head, as well as the lack to deliver! Heck Iam still trying to figure out which of the 4 joysticks profiles goes with my TM HOTAS! I mean with that money I would think something like this would have been sorted out in a way that dosent work like a beta!

I was lucky to get a life-time insurance for my Hornet (I was at the right time at the right place), but others will have to pay for that once it expires [8|]

Elite Dangerous is at least finished, go with that if you want Sci-Fi. If you want a real space sim, then get "Rogue System", Michael is still in WIP but slow but sure it´s coming along, a nice guy too! It´s the DCS of space sims!

Rogue System:
http://roguesystemsim.com/

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPi7ncSGQ

Red
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Look interesting.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Red2112

Since the recent v3.01 update SC moves like a rock and takes forver to connect to the server´s.
Is it MMO type game, or does connection to server serve another purpose?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

It´s MMO, aside from that I don´t know if connection serves any other purpose.

Edit: (I forgot about this)...

You also have the Squadron 42 part, which will be the campaign once the game is finished. In the campaign is were you will evolve your caracter. Once finished the campaign you will then choose a rol and play it out in the SC universe which will be MMO.

--
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Kuokkanen

Since the recent v3.01 update SC moves like a rock and takes forver to connect to the server´s.
Is it MMO type game, or does connection to server serve another purpose?

Kuokkanen, it has both solo and multi play that will give the users more options to choose from. Now for the servers, i saw NA and EU, but they may merge the servers into one big one.
Kelvin Peter

Post by Kelvin Peter »

Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander and Freelancer, is back and he's bringing PC gaming with him! Pledge your support for his new game Star Citizen.
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

Worst first post ever.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

The game is good, just need a lot of work to do. They mention they will improve performance this year and i will check again later on.

Rebel, not worst post ever! Not sure if you like this type of game or just trolling here.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

I would not call it a game...yet. Because it´s not finished. You have a free flight area (x2map), with a skirmish mode, and the same thing for FPS, then some cool looking 3D enviroments that just add eye candy. Nothing much to do besides skirmish in FPS or with ships.

It´s been like that for the past years! Sale ships, make money, make more ships, make more money, add some eye candy along the way...

On kickstart (2013) Chirs said SC would be finished by the end of 2015, he kind of missed the planet by 3 light years! And still going...

Each can spend there money (hard earned money for some) on what they want, but I think Chris has over done it with a long shot, but then if you have people buying ships with a $1.500 price tag, then no wonder he keeps on going!

I don´t like to bash but in this case I feel cheated, and Iam sure alot more do too. Five years since kickstart and still going, with a minimum of $60 and what do we have, a not well simulated space sim, and a run of the mill FPS with minimum maps. Way to go!!!

--
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Looks pretty.

Thanks to the peculiarities of my eyesight though, it wouldn't matter if my junk computers could run it and it was finished and free.

I'm stuck playing games that don't feature motion. The video was nice though. Made my eyes exhausted though just watching it for a few minutes.

Give me a board game from the 70s please :)
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Rebel, not worst post ever! Not sure if you like this type of game or just trolling here.

I don't much like it, but I was referring to the blatant advertisement just above my post.

Some sock puppet or bot.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Be awhile before they get into something solid, infact i didn't care for Squadron 42, just want to be a freelancer and do whatever i like and go where i ever i want.

This year suppose to be improving the performances and add some additional ships. They do have experts helping him and doing what they can, but gonna take awhile. I would say wait a year or two before trying to get in there, if you are interesting.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

must admit it's something ive had my eye on for a while as posted this a while ago, looks nice, loads of money has been given, most for any game i believe, only thing is, for one it's not finished, and 2, maybe never will as they keep adding to it, and 3, the worst part, you need a 2k pc to run it like the screen shots, so not for me either, i'll pass, but keep an eye on it, all the same,...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

just want to be a freelancer and do whatever i like and go where i ever i want.

You might want to check out X3: Albion Prelude, you can put hundreds of hours on this [;)]

More info...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RCkoF8JcUo
Be sure to add the mods!

Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/201310/X3_Albion_Prelude/

It´s a classic space game.

Red
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

just want to be a freelancer and do whatever i like and go where i ever i want.

You might want to check out X3: Albion Prelude, you can put hundreds of hours on this [;)]

More info...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RCkoF8JcUo
Be sure to add the mods!

Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/201310/X3_Albion_Prelude/

It´s a classic space game.

Red

Hey that X3 does look interesting, might get into it someday. Dunno if you ever played Stellaris, was hoping SC would be like that so you can travel great distance and choose other species. But i doubt if they will have it that big.

Return to “General Discussion”