campaign...get Leningrad

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

pbcrnk

campaign...get Leningrad

Post by pbcrnk »

So I'm in my first campaign and got Moscow...didn't get Leningrad. Now the backdoor is held by 3 guards div's and am looking for a way to crack this nut during the winter. Plan A was to bounce the river and that has failed miserably. Plan B is to capture the ports on the lake and starve them. Am I overlooking something? Realize that I need to push up on the river to the south also.

Attachments
leningrad3.jpg
leningrad3.jpg (340.8 KiB) Viewed 53 times
timmyab

RE: campaign...get Leningrad

Post by timmyab »

Am I overlooking something?
I would say yes. It's first blizzard so your CVs are supressed.
Assemble a strong force during February and attack across the Neva in March before the river thaws or go for the Ladoga ports.
pbcrnk

Post by pbcrnk »

ORIGINAL: timmyab
Am I overlooking something?
I would say yes. It's first blizzard so your CVs are supressed.
Assemble a strong force during February and attack across the Neva in March before the river thaws or go for the Ladoga ports.

Am not doing anything as of now during blizzard. So while the Neva is frozen the river handicap is reduced? Is there a benefit one way or the other? Want this wrapped up asap obviously.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

Leningrad is being supplied over Lake Lagoda but in the coming Spring you can isolate Leningrad making crossing the Neva easier. See my AAR. It took me 7 turns to isolate Leningrad. Osinovets is the weak link.
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

You can read Crackaces method of bombing the port before ice in their AAR tm.asp?m=4360475
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
pbcrnk

Post by pbcrnk »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

You can read Crackaces method of bombing the port before ice in their AAR tm.asp?m=4360475

already into January unfortunately
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

can work afterwards too
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
pbcrnk

Post by pbcrnk »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

can work afterwards too

duly noted...have Stukas ready.