Older titles sale

3D version of Close Combat
surfcandy

Older titles sale

Post by surfcandy »

Would be nice to have a sale of the older Close Combat titles so that new and old players can purchase some missing titles and get ready for The Bloody First..
Nomada_Firefox

RE: Older titles sale

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

There is not reason because you can not buy all the CC titles with exception perhaps from the CC1 and CC5. The originals CC2, 3 and 4 are in GOG, you can find the FOG and GTC in GOG or Steam, and in the Slitherine or Matrix Store you can buy all the others. Now tell me what more you need. A better discount?
surfcandy

Post by surfcandy »

Okay just wait a second. From what you are saying is GOG has the originals which I know already. My original point was it would be nice to have the Matrix versions with the newer updates on sale before The Bloody First. I don't think the GOG versions are the same versions being offered on the Matrix site except for Panthers in the Fog and Gateway to Caen.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

But...........what is the problem? you can buy the Matrix versions. They are not hidden.
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Nomada, I think surfcandy means"ON SALE" as in selling them a bit CHEAPER than the normal price, to allow more people to buy several games.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Instead of to make us to create a new theory about what he wants.......he could easily to write it.:) But at my opinion the prices from CC games are seriusly inflated. GTC and FOG cost $43 at GOG and 36€ in Slitherine Store, the same CC LSA, CC TLD, CC WAR and COI in Slitherine Store. Curiously CCMT is only in the Matrix Store with by 27,99€.

I can not say how they are friendly prices for new Close Combat players. But this is what there are.......and I am sure how Bloody First will bring us new players by itself. In fact I believe that if you did not played the older titles, it was because you were not interested in them really. They have been with us by years and with exception from the Multiplayer, they are not very fun playing against the AI. I hope BF fix this problem, I do not want a game again where I must depend from the multiplayer if I want play a decent match. I know many modern games where you can get a lot of fun playing agains the AI.

SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Instead of to make us to create a new theory about what he wants.......he could easily to write it.:)

That is actually excactly what he wrote in his first post buddy.
Would be nice to have a sale of the older Close Combat titles

You are right regarding the prices. Probably its stops some new, younger players from buying the games. There are many modern games with good AI, but none that plays and mods just like CC. This is why I stick with it.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

That is actually excactly what he wrote in his first post buddy.
Only in your imagination.......[:'(] He did not say nothing about a good discount.
but none that plays and mods just like CC.
I know real tactical games which they can be edited even more than CC games, they have even more mods and better AI. But I do not go to say names here.:)
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Well, I know English is not your first language so I tried to tell you in a nice way: The English expression "a SALE" means a discount is implicit. To say "for sale" would mean offered for sale with a regular price - wich is something different. - End of todays English lesson.[:D]
I know real tactical games which they can be edited even more than CC games, they have even more mods and better AI. But I do not go to say names here.:)

For me the game experience of CC is unique. There are many games like it, but none that I like better.
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

I just bought CC3 from GOG for 6 bucks. How cheap can it be?
I can't get a decent screen resolution though.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

The solution is buy the re-make from the CC3, COI. http://www.slitherine.com/store/product.asp?gid=335
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ORIGINAL: LeeChard

not had any issues with any of the series in windows 10 tbh,

tm.asp?m=4320881
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

I think is time to adapt prices to reality of old CC games... and use new game as bonus to sell something, why not buy bloody first and have a CC for free???

I think in GOG they are going to sell very well the old CCs try same with reworked versions... could work to.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

I think is time to adapt prices to reality of old CC games... and use new game as bonus to sell something, why not buy bloody first and have a CC for free???
I prefer the idea about when you play Bloody First, perhaps you will not like any more the older. However, before with other games, the older gained more sales with the newer.

Anyway, more sales = more and better CC games. ;)
surfcandy

Post by surfcandy »

ORIGINAL: SchnelleMeyer

Well, I know English is not your first language so I tried to tell you in a nice way: The English expression "a SALE" means a discount is implicit. To say "for sale" would mean offered for sale with a regular price - wich is something different. - End of todays English lesson.[:D]

For me the game experience of CC is unique. There are many games like it, but none that I like better.

I think your right and English apparently is not his native language.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: LeeChard

The original Atomic CC games are cheap on GOG, true.

Because it seems they haven’t really done anything to make them more compatible with any hardware/operating systems. On the Close Combat Series website someone checked the original CC3 exe with a no CD hex edit against a GOG exe and they were identical.

It might backfire on Matrix if people have a bad experience, “can’t get a decent screen resolution”, with CC and believe the newer CC games are the same quality.

Why do this now? A money grab to help pay for The Bloody First development?

Maybe Matrix should release a round of patches for their CC games to get people confident/excited about The Bloody First?
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Maybe Matrix should release a round of patches for their CC games to get people confident/excited about The Bloody First?
Looking how they are the same team than in the BF. Better waste their time in the new game. Other point, I do not know what more can be improved in the old games. They are old and they have errors which they can not be fixed.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”