World War Three 1946

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Hairog

RE: World War Three 1946

Post by Hairog »

New covers for books.

Attachments
14FlagCovers.jpg
14FlagCovers.jpg (792.08 KiB) Viewed 285 times
WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

Hi Hairog. Your mode looks really good. I saw in one of your posts, that you were considering using remodelled aircraft counters, based on the Spires mod. Are they available already?
Lest we forget.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

I just put together a real quick bastardized version for you. It uses Sipres counters with the ones I had to mod. Units like the Wasserfall missile and the Seehund Mini-sub. The don't match but it is the best I can do for now.

My quicky replacements are not up to Sipres standards by any means so use them with a grain of salt until we get the real thing.

The new NATO counters are the ones with "1946" at the end. You have to take off the 1946 before putting them in the correct folders.

Download them HERE

Much better ones that you can choose from are coming.
WW III 1946 Books
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

Thank you very much Sir!
Lest we forget.
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

I've replaced the bitmaps files of your mod but nothing changed. I have the community pack installed, so the 1946 files are in the community pack folder, not in the campaigns folder. Any advice where should I look for the right bitmap files to replace?
Lest we forget.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Sorry for some reason the forums didn't tell me I had a reply.

Boy... that should have done it. Try backing up, of course, and then put them in the campaigns folder. If you know the editor you can try and "refresh the bitmaps".

I assume that you deleted the 1946 at the end of the file names. Each one should read...unit_sprites_NATO.png and should be a png type file. The ones that are already named unit_sprites_nato are not the ones to use. I probably should not have included them.

Or you could move a whole copy of the 1946 mod with the new units into the Campaigns folder.

WW III 1946 Books
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

Hi Hairog. I've done all of this, including deleting the 1946 from the Community Pack and including it in the main Campaing folder. I also deleted the 1946 from both folders to see what would happen but the campaign was still available to play. I didn't refresh the bitmaps through the editor, I don't know how to do it.
Lest we forget.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

OK let me do another more complete version with zoom etc. to see if that works. I'll put it into a whole kit and caboodle mod folder to see if that works. Then you should have to just copy the whole folder into the Campaign folder.

It will be a while before I can get to it. Hopefully tomorrow.
WW III 1946 Books
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

OK, excellent, thank you. Take your time.
Lest we forget.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

We'll call this version 2.1. Changes I can remember...

1. Modified Sipres NATO unit counters
2. More detailed scripts for AI attacks both Comintern and NATO
3. NKVD units lead by Levrentiy Beria which are better at damaging those pesky Freedom Forces
4. Done and saved with the 1.11 editor so it should be much speeder
5. Loops fixed
6. Persia, Ireland and other countries are now working properly
8. Reconnaissance units now move farther and have a 3 hex spotting range.
9. Carriers and Jeep Carriers have a 10 hex spotting range

Get it HERE...

Download the Zip file and unzip it into the My Games/Strategic War III/Campaigns folder. Should be one giant folder and two other small files.

Attachments
FOOLINGAROUND3.jpg
FOOLINGAROUND3.jpg (239.09 KiB) Viewed 286 times
WW III 1946 Books
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

What about Albania? Is it fixed?
I see it is Axis occupied. Is it fine?
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

There is no Axis in this mod. Did you mean Comintern? My Albania shows 100% Allied UK. No Comintern occupying.
WW III 1946 Books
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Couple of things I noticed on first turn, fog of war OFF, watching the Soviet AI's turn.

1) massive Soviet response to a freedom fighter unit east of Moscow. Probably 10 divisions and an HQ moved towards the lone freedome fighter. Seemed like overkill - wonder if that is out of your control, as developer, or perhaps part of the scripting.

2) at the end of the Soviet turn, got a popup saying that Soviet morale was lowered due to the loss of Murmansk. However, the Soviets still occupy Murmansk.

Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Good catches gw.

I'll have to look into the "fog of war" problem you mentioned. I have never seen it nor has anyone else mentioned it.

My solutions for the other two in World War Three 1946 2.0 are the following

1. For challenge number one I've created a special NKVD set of units led by Levrentiy Beria. They are especially designed to deal with rebels. So far in my play-throughs the AI has used them properly and not gone into overkill mode with the other units.

The massive response was not scripted in. The AI just seems to react way out of proportion to the threat...although it will become larger and large if not dealt with.

In reality Stalin was manically obsessed with internal opposition and killed millions on rumors of insurrection alone. After all, rebellion is exactly how he came into power. As you will recall he wiped out almost his entire military leadership in purges before WWII.

The fact that over 3 million Ukrainians and others joined the Wehrmacht in attacking the USSR is testimony to the hatred a substantial population held for Stalinism. Fully 20% of the forces in Barbarossa were former citizens of the Russian Empire. An astounding number when you consider how much they were held in contempt and disdain by the Nazis. Imagine how they would react if a western power started to support them in their efforts to be free of the monster Stalin.

2. I have no idea what to do about Murmansk. It must be hard coded. I've tried everything I know of. It doesn't really effect the game. I've given the Soviets an increase in moral points to cover the bug. Some day I'll bug Hubert about the bug but it's not worth his time now.
WW III 1946 Books
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Hi Hirog, your mod is very good, but in my opinion is missing of some scripted historical decisions.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I have no idea what to do about Murmansk.
Remove that National Morale Script if you don't want it, or maybe it is firing due to the Fail-safe Date ?
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

ORIGINAL: sad ham

Hi Hirog, your mod is very good, but in my opinion is missing of some scripted historical decisions.

Thanks sad ham. Do you have a bunch of suggestions that I can use and incorporate? I appreciate some ideas.
WW III 1946 Books
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
I have no idea what to do about Murmansk.
Remove that National Morale Script if you don't want it, or maybe it is firing due to the Fail-safe Date ?

A big Duh on my part. I don't know why I never thought of the Moral Scripts. Pretty obvious now. Thanks.
WW III 1946 Books
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Why there are two different counters sizes?
I've noticed that many nations have a smaller unit counter size; for example Yugoslavians, Italians, Greeks, Danish, Swedish, and many more.
Attachments
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 295 times
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

They are minors... aren't they?

Just kidding. It was an oversight that I keep forgetting to correct. Thanks for reminding me. Version 2.0 is coming soon.
WW III 1946 Books

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”