Carrier Based A/G Commander Roulette

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Admiral DadMan

Carrier Based A/G Commander Roulette

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Is there a reason why that sometimes when you start a new game, that the assigned Air Group Commander is some random Jamoke and not the one specified in the scenario editor?
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
BBfanboy

RE: Carrier Based A/G Commander Roulette

Post by BBfanboy »

Yes, but I don't know what it is.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Rafid

Post by Rafid »

I don't know if this is causing your specific problem, but I found out a while ago that some leaders are assigned to more than one post. In this case the first unit/air group/ship (by ID number) gets the leader and all subsequent units/air groups/ships get a random leader instead. This even happens when withdrawl and reinforcement dates make it possible for the same leader to lead both units (e.g. the first withdraws before the second appears). For this reason there are technically two MacArthurs (same stats and name, but different IDs) in most scenarios, the first leads USAFFE and the second leads Southwest Pacific HQ when it appears.

This points to a simple fact: The "scenario start algorithm" is allowed to overrule the scenario editor in some areas it feels are inconsistent.

I didn't cheeck the following, but could play into your problem:
- What happens if a pilot is also a leader and the pilot and leader are assigned to two different air groups?
- What happens if the same leader is assigned two different types of command (e.g. an airgroup and a ship)?
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

I had that same thought, but no, it's happening regardless of that.
ORIGINAL: Rafid

I don't know if this is causing your specific problem, but I found out a while ago that some leaders are assigned to more than one post. In this case the first unit/air group/ship (by ID number) gets the leader and all subsequent units/air groups/ships get a random leader instead. This even happens when withdrawl and reinforcement dates make it possible for the same leader to lead both units (e.g. the first withdraws before the second appears). For this reason there are technically two MacArthurs (same stats and name, but different IDs) in most scenarios, the first leads USAFFE and the second leads Southwest Pacific HQ when it appears.

This points to a simple fact: The "scenario start algorithm" is allowed to overrule the scenario editor in some areas it feels are inconsistent.

I didn't cheeck the following, but could play into your problem:
- What happens if a pilot is also a leader and the pilot and leader are assigned to two different air groups?
- What happens if the same leader is assigned two different types of command (e.g. an airgroup and a ship)?
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

Return to “Tech Support”