2by3+

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Neogodhobo

RE: 2by3+ SOVIET SIDE ONLY, German dont enter.

Post by Neogodhobo »

Alright Comrade, no problem, this sounds good. Should slow the Germans enough to be able to organize a defensive position along the line. Just dont forget you will need to add the STAVKA units to your own armies yourself.

And as far as changing commanders goes, just tell me wich commander you want changed, from what armies so I can easely find him, and with who you want instead, and I will do it.

Also, Im not sure what you did with the other files, but we keep all files in the dropbox. For future reference, because as of now, all files disappeared except yours. Unless it was someone else ?
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

Roger on all.

Oh sorry! The other files were moved to the archive folder, they are moved back now.

Will not move any files in the future!
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Alright, North is done, It is now South's turn, and Air turn.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

Who are we waiting for?
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Southern Commander Kratsch
Kratsch

Post by Kratsch »

Sorry for the delay Gents,

was away for a few days, and the laptop died. Will get a fine by tomorrow evening at the latest.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Alright.
Kratsch

Post by Kratsch »

Dear All,

several things have happened over the past few days both at work and at home that have required my full attention. They also mean that for the foreseeable future I will have to massively reduce my gaming time to pretty much a single gaming partner I have played for many years with (completely different game with quick turns).
I am afraid that I won't have the time to participate in this enterprise here any longer in anything even close to the timescales a group game needs.

I am really sorry, but wish you all good luck, and am looking forward to hearing how it all turned out in the end!

Best wishes,

Henrik
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Alright Kratsch, no problem !
Have a good one !

Alright guys, well we found a replacement for Kratsch, the name is Mamluke. He will be our new Southern Commander and should be doing the turn shortly.
I ask if he wanted to take the role of Air Marshall and Factory Evac, but if he does not, we will need people to take on these role. So if anyone has experience with them, or want to try their luck, now is the time to propose ;)

So...

Welcome Mamluke ! And good luck on the Southern Front :)
Mamluke

Post by Mamluke »

hello everyone, I'm the new Southern commander.

So I'm having a problem with the save game file, I think I need to use the "2by3+ 012-Sov.04 NorthDone.psv" to do my turn, however I notice a discrepancy. All my regular save games have the file type .sav like "Patriotic war.sav" but all the save files in the drop box are the .psv type.
When I put the .psv file in question in my save folder, I can't load up the save game, it simply doesn't show up in the Load Game screen.

Another thing that seams wrong, I was not ask at all about a password when I got the Drop box, in fact, I could extract files at will from the drop box even before Neogodhobo send me the email with the password.

So yeah, I must have done something wrong. I'm thinking of asking for help in the Axis thread but it seams appropriate to ask here 1st.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

Yeah, one of the german commanders answered your question I think. You need the PBEM (Play By EMail) box checked! Welcome to the game.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Hey Mamluke, I wouldnt know much about Dropbox myself. Better ask Sparkleytits about it if box checked does not fix the problem.

Also as for the password, you will only be ask the password once the "PBEM" box is check and after attempting to open the save file in-game.
Mamluke

Post by Mamluke »

Ha, ok problem solved, Telemecus showed me the way. did a quick look at the saved, I know I new here and I should never mess with others fronts, but I fell I should intervene in regards to Tula. the city still has all of it's Industry, 25 armaments and 2 H.Ind. I just did a calculation of the effective Industry we have left:
the doomed Industry of Moscow, Kalinin, Leningrad and Poltava adds up to 28 Armaments and 17 Heavy Industry that is beyond saving.

that means our effective Industry is 259 Armaments and 172 Heavy Industry

I take the post by Stelteck as a reference to how much Industry must be saved.
ORIGINAL: Stelteck
ORIGINAL: Grognard1812

262 Armament factories
178 Heavy Industry factories

From my experience you are still ok. Armament points needs are vastly overestimated by everyone, except in late 1941 for a brief period, you will never have enough men to use your armament point production. I think you can probably drop to 200, something like that.

Supply point (heavy industry) is another matter. As you save a lots of troops (and it was your plan), you will need a lots of supply points.
I did a game once with 180 HI saved and it was a little low. I had briefly a supply shortage end 1942. Fortunately the new HI production factor in 1943 solved it.
Try not too loose anymore HI. You can still drop a little AA (but of course the most you save the better).
You can drop production to save supply but it cost you tons of political point.

But your most important problem is to avoid sudden death defeat in my opinion.

in other words, I feel we are losing to much H.Industry in order to supply our future Red army.
I propose we give immediate priority for Heavy Industry, any that are at risk to the enemy should be evacuated at once and be given priority for transport, even above reinforcements for the Central front.

as for Tula, I propose to move 6 divisions to protect the approaches to Tula, 2 tank Div. 2 Cav. Div. and 2 Inf. Div, there is minimal risk encountering a motorize division in this area, at least for turn 13.

I request permission to move those divisions my self, at this moment, I didn't touch anything.

Also, I accept the job of Air Marshall. I won't give too much micromanagement to the Air force, But I will see to provide air supplies to the Moscow garrison as best as I can.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

If you want to take charge of Factory Evac. Its all yours.

As for Tula, Its up to Darojax, but we already have a defensive plan going on around there. But like I said, its up to him. So no, do not move troops that are not under your control ( you have all troops in the South Area )

As for the air troops. Dont give them missions, just upgrade them, and move the HQs around if Needed, but each Front commander is responsible for his own area in terms of Airforces ( front commander gives the mission to their air force, air marshall provides those air force, upgrades them, repair them, changes leadership, etc )
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Mamluke

Post by Mamluke »

this is my plan for the defense of Tula.

the 43rd Cav. Div by the Oka river will be the one to move to the most northern position.

Image[/img]

Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Dont worry too much about Tula though, there is already lots of troops there, but if Darojax wants to make some modification, he will be able to do so after your turn. Just make sure you take care of the Southern Front. Dont forget as well that every White units ( STAVKA assigned units ) is for you, so you can move them to any armies you want and put them in position.
Mamluke

Post by Mamluke »

ORIGINAL: Neogodhobo

Dont worry too much about Tula though, there is already lots of troops there, but if Darojax wants to make some modification, he will be able to do so after your turn. Just make sure you take care of the Southern Front. Dont forget as well that every White units ( STAVKA assigned units ) is for you, so you can move them to any armies you want and put them in position.

I'm afraid I must worry about Tula because most of the army is forming a line behind the city, if a German unit get's in contact with the city (regardless if it can storm the city or not) the Industry will cost double to evacuate. normal cost is 4800 * 25 = 120 000!!, considering that the Soviets, especial now with out Moscow and Leningrad get like what? 100K-120K rail points? the normal amount is already high, double that and boom, 240 000 points, if we wanted to save the Industry, we would waste all of our rail points just to save less then half.

that is why I stress that we protect the outskirts of Tula until we evacuated most of the armaments. if we want a competitive 1942, we should save as much as we can.

anyway, I have finish my turn. I spent some 6 Adm points on Transport aircraft, pity we don't have a single regiment. I was able to breach the southern encirclement in 2 places, thus isolating 3 panzer divisions and 1 motorize.

Image[/img]

if Darojax rejects my plan, then I guess I should put the save in the drop box right? it has the name, "South Done".

PS: I request that the leader of 9th Army at the Crimea be replaced with GM Kazakov, Mikhail. however, if Central command needs better leaders, my request can wait one more turn
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Put the save in the box. We will wait for Dajorax to take a decision and he can do another turn according to his decision.

Alright I will grant that request, I will do it during my turn.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

It's up to supreme command! I can delay the retreat, but then I will not be able to form the defensive line in time as ordered, at least the southern part of it.

Also, I am not very familiar with factory evacuation. If you have any detailed instructions (amount to be evacuated and what type of factories etc) that would be great.

Command, please let me know if I should defend Tula, for how long, or simply retreat to the previously designated defensive line.

Return to “After Action Reports”