readiness & morale

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

LLv34Mika

readiness & morale

Post by LLv34Mika »

Hi everyone

I know both are important, I know both go up with strength and unit supply. But is one of them more important? How do you manage it?

What is the best way to raise morale?
What is the best way to raise readiness?

aaaaand:
do you attack with units with high morale/readiness first to reduce entrenchment without too many losses or do you use weaker units and then bring in the tough guys to do some more damage?
"Oderint, dum metuant."
Sugar

RE: readiness & morale

Post by Sugar »

Readiness is a product of morale, as of strength, experience, command rating and other factors afaik.

The best way to reduce losses is by xp, high readiness is dealing more damge.

The best way to reduce entrenchment is using arty. If not available, attacking with the cheapest units - i.e. corps - is most economical. Combat units are gathering xp by fighting, HQs by dealing more losses to the enemy than receiving, therefor it's often better to detach the corps before attacking.
James Taylor

RE: readiness & morale

Post by James Taylor »

High supply is the #1 ingredient.

As Sugar touched on, better to soak off entrenchments with units taking no damage or are the cheapest to reinforce(be sure they are able to reduce entrenchments).

I use units that the combat predictor(CP) displays 0:0 or non-upgraded Corps with the CP saying 1:0.
SeaMonkey

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”