A quick "pdu off" question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Miller

A quick "pdu off" question

Post by Miller »

If you upgrade a sqd to a newer model can it be downgraded to the older one at a later date, or does the original model disappear from the upgrade path?
Dutch_slith

RE: A quick "pdu off" question

Post by Dutch_slith »

You're not able to downgrade to the previous aircraft.
Miller

Post by Miller »

Bugger[:(]
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Harald Velemans

You're not able to downgrade to the previous aircraft.
Aircraft? Squads cannot be downgraded but aircraft in a squadron can be swapped for earlier models. I do this with the restricted continental US Squadrons to free up the newer aircraft for front line units.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Absolutely. This is a common practice that I follow....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Yeah, 1st response might have confused the question with factories ... you can't move a factory down that I know of.

But with respect to air groups, you should be able to move back to a Sonia from a Sally if you wish.
Pax
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

He's talking about PDU off. First reponder is correct you cannot go back I've just tried it.
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Yeah, 1st response might have confused the question with factories ... you can't move a factory down that I know of.

But with respect to air groups, you should be able to move back to a Sonia from a Sally if you wish.

PDU off....Sonia will normally go NicK, or simply go to the armored Sonia. Once upgraded to the next in line plane, you can never go back to the original plane.

Miller will face lots of Sonia's in his match, most likely bombing rear areas, China, doing recon, or naval search or ASW or training.

I had built up a ton of Sonia's in my PDU off game with Jocke, I had high hopes of using them as Kamikazes in the final days, but alas never made it that far. Bear in mind, I don't think it would have worked.[;)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”