The AI rests...and never wakes

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
mickxe5

The AI rests...and never wakes

Post by mickxe5 »

In the middle of a Perfect Storm campaign as the US I decided to rest all of my front line BGs to see if the AI would also rest his. Sure enough, eventually a total of 5 AI BGs also rested. Problem is - as long as my BGs on those maps continued to rest the AI never resumed its attacks, even as the strategic situation called for it to do so and its resting BGs fatigue and cohesion had recovered.
Tejszd

RE: The AI rests...and never wakes

Post by Tejszd »

Good find mickxe5

The strategic AI has always seemed pretty simplistic.

Unfortunately matrix and the dev team seemed to have moved on and are not addressing known remaining issues of any of these CC games. Would be nice if they would allow someone access to the code like has been done for the Campain Series, War In The Pacific and War In The East if they will not fix things???

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”