Textual Combat View hard to read

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

DLM936

Textual Combat View hard to read

Post by DLM936 »

Is there a way to change the Textual Combat View font so that it is readable in the Blitzkrieg from Warsaw game? The screen appears correct on the Barbarossa game and is sadly missing on the Case Blue game. I like all three but the Blitzkrieg is my favorite. Please let me know how I may fix the fonts as it is very difficult to read dark font on dark background. Thank You! See pic:

Attachments
TextualCombat.jpg
TextualCombat.jpg (572.33 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Vic

RE: Textual Combat View hard to read

Post by Vic »

Thanks for reporting but this should have been fixed already.

What version are you using? and on Steam / Matrix ?

You can spot the version number on the main menu directly after startup of the game.

Let me know,
Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
DLM936

Post by DLM936 »

Hello,
Thanks for the follow up! I have both the Matrix and Steam versions for all your Decisive Victory games! ... yes, they are that good!!

I am using the following versions for the Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris:

Matrix 1.60 c

Steam 1.60 b

I've tried several different pc's and same issue occurs. The Barbarossa edition has black font on off-white background which looks great.

Side note, would really like to see the textual combat view for Case Blue too.

If you need anything else, let me know. Thanks for taking the time to help and thanks very much for your games!!

-Don
DLM936

Post by DLM936 »

Just happened to notice there is a private beta version 1.60e3 and just updated my Matrix version and, unfortunately, still shows a dark background with black text on the textual combat view screen.
DLM936

Post by DLM936 »

Hello.... I'm still having problems after updating the beta version 1.60e3 and can't read the black text on dark background. I added a comment on your site http://www.vrdesigns.net/ as well. Please HELP!! I really want to enjoy playing this game but I can't read the statistics.... Thanks for any help!!
Vic

Post by Vic »

See private patch version 160e3_v2 in the thread in the main forum. (same version, but new zip with some extra graphics files)

Give it a try. It should fix the issue.

thanks for spotting this.

let me know if it works now.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
DLM936

Post by DLM936 »

That Worked!! Thank Your Very Much, Vic! I can now enjoy your game more by reading the stats! Please consider adding this option to your Case Blue game as well. It really adds to the enjoyment.

BTW, I experimented and added from the patch the graphics, fonts and dwtpscenarios folders to the Steam directory I have for this game and that fixed the problem there as well. I understand the exe only works with the Matrix edition.

Thanks again for helping me with this and providing support for your games!

Return to “Tech Support”