How to Upgrade from the Battlefront Version

Strategic Command Classic: Global Conflict
Benedict151

How to Upgrade from the Battlefront Version

Post by Benedict151 »

This is not a new game. We are taking over from Battlefront as the publisher of this game. If you already bought the game from Battlefront please read this carefully as we don't want you to accidentally buy something you might be getting for free!

Here is the full story and what you need to do.

What Happened
Hubert worked with Battlefront for many years and they had a good relationship but Battlefront want to focus on their own games and not act as a publisher for others. As a result Battlefront are retiring all the old Strategic Command games from their store and we will be adding them to ours.

This is the second of the old games to come across. It is the exact same game as released on Battlefront, just with their e-license system removed and our serial number system added. We'll also be adding the games to Steam and you'll get a Steam key from us. There are no additional features and it does not use our PBEM system, it is just a way to continue the old games to be sold and supported as Battlefront don't have the bandwidth to do this.

What version will you sell?
The Matrix version is the Gold version of the original and we are also including the two expansions - Assault on Communism and Assault on Democracy.

Do I have to Buy it Again?
Users who have the Battlefront version and one of the Assault expansions will get our version for free. Your serial number / licence key for the Battlefront version of the Assault expansion will act as a serial for the Matrix version. Just register your serial and you will be able to download the full Gold installer from the members area:
https://www.matrixgames.com/members/Default.asp?

If you only owned the base game, your base game serial / licence key will act as a 40% discount off of the Matrix version.
If you owned the base game & gold expansion your gold serial / licence key will act as a 60% discount off of the Matrix version.

What if I bought the Global Conflict + Assault Expansions bundle?
If you bought the bundle you get the game for free. You just need to register the serial (or licence key) you were provided as instructed above and it will all just work.

How do I get the game on Steam?
Once you've got a serial number for the Matrix version, if you have not already done so register it at the members area. You'll then be offered the option to generate a Steam key.
Do this and then use that key to redeem your game on Steam.

Will you support the Battlefront version?
We will only be supporting the Matix version, but we are not able to support the old Battlefront version as we don't know how it works or have any way to resolve issues.

Any More Questions?
If you need more information please feel free to ask!

sanderz

RE: How to Upgrade from the Battlefront Version

Post by sanderz »

i have :

SC_WWII_Global_GOLD_BUNDLE_Setup.exe License key:
SC_AoD_AoC_Bundle_Setup.exe License key:

They each have a license key - its not referred to as a "Serial number"

I tried registering the gold bundle and it said the key was invalid

Also i couldn't see the AoD/AoC bundle on the drop down list.

EDIT :
You say the version you are selling is "The Matrix version is the Gold version of the original and we are also including the two expansions - Assault on Communism and Assault on Democracy." but then out of nowhere refer to a "Breakthrough Expansion" - what is that and does it affect whether i can get a free matrix key?

Thanks

Mysterian

Post by Mysterian »

I keep getting a Invalid Key message as well when I enter my Gold Bundle number.
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Mysterian
I'm sorry, which Gold bundle do you have? Is it the base game + Gold update or a bundle of the Gold edition and the 2 Assault expansions

regards
Ben Wilkins
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Sanderz

To register your game please try using your licence key from the 'SC_AoD_AoC_Bundle_Setup.exe'

Go to the members area on the matrix site and put your licence key from Assault Bundle into the box (simply choose Strategic Command Classic Global Conflict, there is not a specific drop down for the expansions or bundles)
If you still have issues I would suggest contacting our Tech Support team who I am sure will be able to help you.

"They each have a license key - its not referred to as a "Serial number""
- Apologies we always use the term "Serial number" whilst BF used "licence key" (they are similar in function). For serial number please also read licence key.
Thank you for pointing that out

Ignore the reference to Breakthrough (now removed), I was thinking back to the WW1 re release

regards
Ben Wilkins
Noterb

Post by Noterb »

The license key is just too long for the capacity of the box of registration, so the last digists don't insert=" the ser.number is invalid".
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

@Noterb
How many characters does your key have?
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello there
I'm sorry you are having difficulties - I have a few questions if you don't mind

Are you trying to register the game on the members area?

The box there will accept a licence key of up to 50 characters (it looks smaller but if you type the licence key it can be up to 50 characters).
Can you try typing it in rather than copying and pasting?

One point - if your licence key is from one the Assault DLCs then you only need to enter one of them, not both.

If your key is more than 50 characters can you tell me which game or DLC its from?

thank you
Ben Wilkins
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

For whatever it's worth, I still have the receipt from Battlefront, and I consulted it when I needed to figure out what my license key was. It's a little confusing when you first look at it because there are seven capital letters that come just before it that look very much like a Matrix or Steam serial number, but that aren't part of the license key. So if you tried to include them in your license key, that would probably explain why what you entered was rejected.

I don't know what the other ones look like, but my two keys are both surprisingly long and start with a lower case letter (and don't really look like the kind of license keys we're now used to).
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Thanks Philippeatbay
That's helpful info to know

regards
Ben Wilkins
Graybullet

Post by Graybullet »

Hi, I own the original version and the gold version (but neither of the expansion packs). I wonder how I can get the 60% discount. Should I enter my license key as well? Thanks!
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

hello Graybullet
To get the discount code go to the Matrix store, put a copy of SCC Global Conflict in your shopping basket and enter your licence key as the discount coupon code
REMEMBER TO UPDATE after doing this otherwise the discount won't be applied

Complete your order and you will be sent a link from which to download the full Matrix version and a Matrix serial code

regards
Ben Wilkins

Graybullet

Post by Graybullet »

Thank you for your quick reply, Ben. I will try it.
Mysterian

Post by Mysterian »

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

Hello Mysterian
I'm sorry, which Gold bundle do you have? Is it the base game + Gold update or a bundle of the Gold edition and the 2 Assault expansions

regards
Ben Wilkins

Nevermind - got it. Thanks anyhow.
FirstPappy

Post by FirstPappy »

I've had Battlefront games loaded on one of my drives for quite some time now. All of them still work. One is Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict. There's only four scenarios - 39 World at War, 39 Alliance of Evil, 42 Axis High Tide and 43 Allies Turn the Corner included in that one.

I looked through all the folders and can't find license keys nor is there any request when I start the game. The only thing I could find is a DLL called "eLicense40. When I open that with CFF Explorer there are two very long sets of numbers that could possibly be keys. One set of numbers is labeled as MD5 and the other is SHA-1. Are any of these valid keys?

If not then I guess I'm out of luck as any key I might have received close to 10 years ago is long gone from my records.
Windows 10 Home 64
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.70Ghz Processor
32 GB Ram
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX1080 w/8 GB
LG 32GK850F 2560x1440
FirstPappy

Post by FirstPappy »

Twenty-four hours later with no response from Matrix and the clock ticking down on the discount I tried something just to see what would happen. I started an uninstall and an eLicense message box pops up with the key requesting confirmation you want to unlicense the game on your computer. It also says that when you go to reinstall the game sometime in the future the key will be grabbed from the cloud somewhere.

Anyway the key worked for the discount and I'm posting this in case anyone else has a similar situation.

Just wanted to add that the key was neither of the string of letters/numbers labeled MD5 or SHA-1.
Windows 10 Home 64
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.70Ghz Processor
32 GB Ram
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX1080 w/8 GB
LG 32GK850F 2560x1440
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello FirstPappy
Apologies for not spotting this earlier (not been in the office)

I'm very happy to hear that you worked through the issue and managed to get your discount - and thanks for letting others know about this
If some has experienced a similar problem please do let us know via the tech support forum

regards
Ben Wilkins
gocromwell

Post by gocromwell »

Morning I tried to enter my licence key to get a discount to purchase the Matrix edition as described [&:] but nothing happened - no discount was shown.[&:][&:]
Not only strike while the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

I'd suggest raising a ticket with Matrix support so they can investigate it for you and respond.

https://www.matrixgames.com/contacts

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
gocromwell

Post by gocromwell »

Thanks Bill - I thought I had, but have done so now. Issue is being investigated I will keep you posted.

Keith[:)]
Not only strike while the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking.

Return to “Strategic Command Classic: Global Conflict”