Looking for a game to replace WitP AE

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Lecivius

RE: Looking for a game to replace WitP AE

Post by Lecivius »

Don't go looking for trouble [:-][:D]

Here is the thread on the issue tm.asp?m=4390639
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
reg113

Post by reg113 »

There is no replacement for AE. [:D] [&o]
"Life's a b***h, then you die."
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Yes, really weird, but in a good way for me. I just let the 12/7/1941 turn run and saw no bleeding. My monitor adjusts to 1024-768 ingame, and maybe that is it?
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Franklin Nimitz

I'd like a WitP-AE 2 with much of the same features- WEGO 1-3 day turns, 40-50 mile hex map, etc. Overall, I love the scope of WitP, but the execution is an exercise in OCD micromanagement. Clean up and modernize the interface (less mouse clicking), automate some processes and streamline the logistics. Considering the forum traffic for WitP and WitP-AE as an indicator of popularity, I'm surprised Matrix hasn't made a "new and improved" WitP a priority project.

Good question. If Matrix has a flagship game I would think it would probably be WITP. Wish there were more effort devoted to keeping the game alive with more patches containing new features and improvements as well as a concerted effort to launch a new and improved WITP 2. Of course maybe there is something going on behind the scenes we don't know about.
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

ORIGINAL: GaryChildress

I'd like a WitP-AE 2 with much of the same features- WEGO 1-3 day turns, 40-50 mile hex map, etc. Overall, I love the scope of WitP, but the execution is an exercise in OCD micromanagement. Clean up and modernize the interface (less mouse clicking), automate some processes and streamline the logistics. Considering the forum traffic for WitP and WitP-AE as an indicator of popularity, I'm surprised Matrix hasn't made a "new and improved" WitP a priority project.

Good question. If Matrix has a flagship game I would think it would probably be WITP. Wish there were more effort devoted to keeping the game alive with more patches containing new features and improvements as well as a concerted effort to launch a new and improved WITP 2. Of course maybe there is something going on behind the scenes we don't know about.

I hope there's something going on- don't these guys know how to milk a cash cow?

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: larrybush

ORIGINAL: KurtC

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Yes, really weird, but in a good way for me. I just let the 12/7/1941 turn run and saw no bleeding. My monitor adjusts to 1024-768 ingame, and maybe that is it?

I just reloaded it last week on my machine with an updated win 10 at 1920 X 1080, works fine.

I'm not an expert at getting games to run at different resolutions. How would I be able to force it to play in 1080?
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

OS compatibility issues are another reason to revise and release a new WitP. Each new version of Windows is going to leave the current game further and further behind. C'mon Matrix! Like GaryChildress says, it's your flagship game!

Post by Lecivius »

I would give my left...toenail...for a new AE. But it would have to be done from the ground up. And it's a niche game. So the RoE probably wouldn't be there. I'm pretty sure the guys at Matrix know to the quarter anyways, what kind of project it would be. You would have to win one of those huge Powerballs, and then sign it all over to Matrix, before they could even justify looking at the idea [8D]

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich was recently patched. That might be a good transition.
simovitch

Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: KurtC

I just reloaded it last week on my machine with an updated win 10 at 1920 X 1080, works fine.

I'm not an expert at getting games to run at different resolutions. How would I be able to force it to play in 1080?

I have to use some switches that you can specify in the target line of the shortcut.
SO after I installed all the Matrix official updates, I installed the beta patch 1126b found in Tech Support. It creates it's own beta shortcut, under target line I used "D:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\WITP AE\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor. The -f and on are the switches I used, the two -px1920 -py1080 force the resolution. I forget what the -f does, the -deepColor gets rid of the slow scrolling / response issue.

Edit: You may or may not need the others which don't effect resolution, each system may have it's own needs, there are many more switch settings I don't use. I don't know but they may all be listed somewhere in the manual.

Thanks!!
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
mbar

Post by mbar »

Did I hear right that 2by3 is working on WitE 2? I was a bit stunned by that news. My thought was "but why not adapt that game engine to WitP 2?"
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: mbar

Did I hear right that 2by3 is working on WitE 2? I was a bit stunned by that news. My thought was "but why not adapt that game engine to WitP 2?"
WitE needs to be made compatible with WitW, so that War in Europe can be made.
mbar

Post by mbar »

Okay. Makes sense. Hopefully a naval combat component will be added to War in Europe.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: Zorch
WitE needs to be made compatible with WitW, so that War in Europe can be made.
Absolutely!
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

I wish 2by3 would go back to WITP first instead of WITE or WITW. I'm not a big fan of the WITE game engine. WITP, OTOH, is one of my favorite game engines of all time.
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

ORIGINAL: GaryChildress

I wish 2by3 would go back to WITP first instead of WITE or WITW. I'm not a big fan of the WITE game engine. WITP, OTOH, is one of my favorite game engines of all time.

Agree.

Return to “General Discussion”