Chains of War - God of War Ongoing AAR, Attack Plan Part 1

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_Command

fatgreta1066

Chains of War - God of War Ongoing AAR, Attack Plan Part 1

Post by fatgreta1066 »

Chains of War Campaign

Mission 2: God of War Ongoing AAR (Let's Play Ep 1)

The Mission Begins

Stealth Strike

I launched my stealth strike, using meticulous course plotting to approach the target down a valley, hoping to remain undected until launch point. I've realized, a bit late, a couple of problems with this part of the plan. The first is the weapon system my J-20's have for a strike. They are standoff bombs with a 30 nm range, but they are glide bombs. That means, I think, that they are slow. Which means, I think, that they can be shot down much more effectively than incoming missiles. They also have a minimum launch altitude of 10000 feet above ground level. Which means that near the end of the approach, my aircraft will have to climb to launch. Since I'll be close, that means they'll be easily detected. So if I launch from far out, they can be shot down, if I launch from close in, my planes will be in danger. I also realized that this is daylight, and I'd probably have better used these aircraft after dark. And perhaps included some OECM (jamming) aircraft as part of the strike. We live, we learn.

Here is the picture as the Mighty Dragons approach their target.

This is part 2, part 1 is here: tm.asp?m=4428409
Attachments
StealthSt..endep1.jpg
StealthSt..endep1.jpg (581.29 KiB) Viewed 74 times

Return to “After Action Report”