Forgotten Crimes of WWII The OST-Hamster Battalions

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rommel222

RE: Forgotten Crimes of WWII The OST-Hamster Battalions

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings E,
I hear you loud and clear. Strategy First sells Combat Mission Beyond Overlord and Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin on CD with updated patched graphics and no copy protection or e-licensing. When I spoke with BFC several years ago, by email, about when Strategy First would offer Combat Mission 3 Afrika Korps on CD. They said Strategy First was never supposed to sell CD versions which avoid the e-license or using the CD in the drive to play. [:D]

rico21

Post by rico21 »

Aliens have decided to invade us to play CMBB!

Attachments
av1.jpg
av1.jpg (20.91 KiB) Viewed 100 times
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: rommel222
I hear you loud and clear. Strategy First sells Combat Mission Beyond Overlord and Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin on CD with updated patched graphics and no copy protection or e-licensing. When I spoke with BFC several years ago, by email, about when Strategy First would offer Combat Mission 3 Afrika Korps on CD. They said Strategy First was never supposed to sell CD versions which avoid the e-license or using the CD in the drive to play.
Of course, none of that matters if you need the pay-for-e-licence(tm) patches (patent pending) to run them on modern OS's or modern hardware.
ORIGINAL: rico21
Aliens have decided to invade us to play CMBB!
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Attachments
HamstersinSpace.jpg
HamstersinSpace.jpg (22.81 KiB) Viewed 100 times
HamstersinSpace0.jpg
HamstersinSpace0.jpg (28.57 KiB) Viewed 100 times
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

It's really you who should step away from the keyboard. Go and watch some Jerry Lewis movies.

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: DerJager

ORIGINAL: IslandInland

It seems enough time has passed for atrocities perpetrated by the SS einsatzgruppen to be fair game for 'comedy'. Unfortunately these posts are laboured and about as funny as toothache.

Everything is fair play for comedy for those possessing a genuine sense of humor. One man's opinion to be sure, but there are plenty of bad things in life to cry over. I much prefer laughter myself.

Having said that, I fully respect everyone's opinion and support their right to have one. Like discrimination, that actually works in both directions, despite what some would have you believe. I think "E" and "rommel222" have a great sense of humor, and are very talented and clever with their manipulation of historical, graphic images. Again, only one man's opinion who, like everyone else in the great scheme of things, really matters very little.

Given your (misspelt) forum name I assume you would think this shit is funny.

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings IslandInland,
And now for something completely different:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2P86C-1x3o
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings to All,
NASA finds evidence of rat/hamsters on Mars.
Could OstHampster survivors sought refuge there after WW 2 rather than Argentina?
http://www.whatsupinthesky.com/index.ph ... at-on-mars
E

Post by E »

Greetings to All,
NASA finds evidence of rat/hamsters on Mars.
Could OstHampster survivors sought refuge there after WW 2 rather than Argentina?
Holy Pereidolia Batman!

Attachments
Marsrat0.jpg
Marsrat0.jpg (108.45 KiB) Viewed 100 times
HamsterBatman.jpg
HamsterBatman.jpg (41.64 KiB) Viewed 100 times

rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings to All,
Due to intense fighting on the western front in 1944 many allied troops were demoralized from combat with OST-Hamster battalions.
British troops taken prisoner were subjected to intense brain washing. Upon release they suffered signs of PT-OST-Hamster-Disorder (PTOHD).
A captured film shows how battle hardened British troops were reduced to gender identity crisis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Qhbdijv5Y
E

Post by E »

Greetings to All,
Due to intense fighting on the western front in 1944 many allied troops were demoralized from combat with OST-Hamster battalions.
British troops taken prisoner were subjected to intense brain washing. Upon release they suffered signs of PT-OST-Hamster-Disorder (PTOHD).
A captured film shows how battle hardened British troops were reduced to gender identity crisis.

After the war, some of those went to Canada and formed a choir....

[center]I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day.

He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea

He cut down trees, he eat his lunch
He go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he go shopping and has buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars.

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspendies and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear pappa.

He cuts down trees, he wears high heels?
Suspendies...and a bra?

...He's a lumberjack and he's OK

...He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.[/center]

Attachments
Lumberjack..ersmall.jpg
Lumberjack..ersmall.jpg (126.72 KiB) Viewed 100 times

GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

The second world war was pretty horrific on a monumental scale, I'm not sure if it's psychologically healthy to try to find humor in war crimes and other horrible things that happened during it. Some topics just aren't appropriate for humor. I hope humanity never witnesses anything like WW2 again. I mean, I couldn't imagine living in the Warsaw ghetto or in Kiev during the German occupation, in Nanking during the massacre, Dresden or Tokyo during the fire bombings or surviving Hiroshima only to slowly die of radiation poisoning. Too horrible to think about, really. [:(]
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

This thread is creepy

Post by rico21 »

On the contrary, it does not go far enough, he could say that these German prison camps were mines of intelligence for the Allies who listened clandestinely to conversations between soldiers. That's how they knew about the Shoah by bullets in the East. But of course after the war everyone swore on the heart he did not know!
This thread is too nice!
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings Franklin Nimitz,
Macabre and bizarre might also apply.
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings GaryChildress,
I agree that WW II was horrific on a monumental scale but even more so on an individual level as well, especially with war crimes. Whether it is psychologically unhealthy to use humor leads to asking why war comedies such as Hogan's Heroes, 'Allo'Allo, Black Adder, etc are still popular and funny with loyal followings. Historical accounts show horrors that occurred in these settings but a humorous approach seems to be acceptable. I had a German language course in college and the German professor who was, in Wehrmacht, remembers the Siberian troops tearing out toilet bowls in Berlin because they thought they were of military value. The class roared with laughter but the professor was upset since he was stressing the idiocy of it. He could not understand why Americans found Hogan's Heroes funny since stalags were known for mistreatment, torture and even murder of prisoners.
In the end, each of us makes a choice as to what is acceptable for a humorous approach. I apologize if some are offended.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Hogans Heroes didn't make fun of war crimes.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings Aurelian,
I agree since the show did not include any mention of war crimes, antisemitism, racism or the holocaust.
But it is interesting, but sad, that Comcast pulled Hogan's Heroes from it broadcasting in 2015.
http://peopleoflancaster.com/comcast-bo ... ns-heroes/

GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Greetings GaryChildress,
I agree that WW II was horrific on a monumental scale but even more so on an individual level as well, especially with war crimes. Whether it is psychologically unhealthy to use humor leads to asking why war comedies such as Hogan's Heroes, 'Allo'Allo, Black Adder, etc are still popular and funny with loyal followings. Historical accounts show horrors that occurred in these settings but a humorous approach seems to be acceptable. I had a German language course in college and the German professor who was, in Wehrmacht, remembers the Siberian troops tearing out toilet bowls in Berlin because they thought they were of military value. The class roared with laughter but the professor was upset since he was stressing the idiocy of it. He could not understand why Americans found Hogan's Heroes funny since stalags were known for mistreatment, torture and even murder of prisoners.
In the end, each of us makes a choice as to what is acceptable for a humorous approach. I apologize if some are offended.

No offense taken. I understand you guys are just having some fun. I was just pointing out that it doesn't seem like a very funny topic to me overall and was explaining why I thought that maybe was. But thinking more about it, some of your posts were pretty clever.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Regarding Hogan's Heroes, I agree there is a lot of fuzzy, gray area over what some consider funny and what isn't considered funny. As an American I laughed a lot watching the show growing up, maybe because what I perceived to be the "good guys" always came out ahead when the show was over. I suppose I wouldn't have found the show funny if it were a situation comedy centered around German concentration camp guards poking fun at Allied prisoners as the Germans outsmarted them and sadistically tortured them or something. There are of course many factors (timing and delivery for a couple examples) that make a difference in humor. Monty Python seems to me like they were particularly adept at taking absurd situations and finding enormous humor in them. And I definitely rank Monty Python WAY over Hogan's Heroes in terms of comic relief.

Like I say, your posts definitely had clever elements in them, PT-OST Hamster Disorder was pretty cute and clever. But, for whatever reason, it just wasn't something that strikes up hysterical laughter in me.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

My dear E,
It pains me that you have made so much effort, as for an auteur film, to get your message across.
Next time, do not spend all your talent.
Send us some Hogan.

Return to “General Discussion”