WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zorch

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.10 Available!

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

Make sure you are using a 32-but version of Java.
That's a lot of buts!
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

After trying and failing for the last week, both my installs started properly loading turns today.

Weird...
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Floyd, what do you make of this:

D:\Games\WitPAE\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\SAVE\WitPAE Tracker>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\java" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"

WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 17 seconds

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\Games\WitPAE\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\SAVE\WitPAE Tracker\pwsdll7.dll: Not enough storage is available to process this command

Uhhh, what?

I attached the whole text of it. Theories?
Attachments
TrackerError.txt
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

D:\Games\WitPAE\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\SAVE\WitPAE Tracker>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\java" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\Games\WitPAE\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\SAVE\WitPAE Tracker\pwsdll7.dll: Not enough storage is available to process this command

Uhhh, what?

Java can't load the DLL or the DLL itself can't perform its functions. Maybe try a PC reboot to free up memory and try again?
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

ORIGINAL: floydg

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

Uhhh, what?

Java can't load the DLL or the DLL itself can't perform its functions. Maybe try a PC reboot to free up memory and try again?
I resolved it via fresh install. Now WaD. Thank you.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
bristolduke

Post by bristolduke »

i got a new monitor (very large) so i can see better. I have resize on windows to 200% but it doesn't seem to be used by tracker. Is there a way to control the resolution through switches or something. I can't read it as it is.
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: bristolduke

i got a new monitor (very large) so i can see better. I have resize on windows to 200% but it doesn't seem to be used by tracker. Is there a way to control the resolution through switches or something. I can't read it as it is.

Unfortunately, we hard-coded most of the screen sizes and fonts, so the greater the screen resolution, the smaller things look.
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

Floyd, I have found that you really do not need the mem size switches. I am using this bat file and it works fine:

"E:\32 bit java\installation\bin\java.exe" -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap
pause

It will make use of the maximum amount of memory that the current installation will allow.
azura987

Post by azura987 »

Some trouble getting witpAE tracker started. It states in the error message "Can't load IA 32 bit .dll on a AMD 64 bit platform" I have Vcredit_x86 installed has stated in the installation instructions and a version of java 8. Where could be the problem? I have managed to get witpAEtracker started before but years ago. Please help me!
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

You need the 32-bit Java.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Win XP 32-bit... From my cold, dead hands...
azura987

Post by azura987 »

yes of course, silly me. Now it works, but only with nomap, the map version has a memory problem apparently.
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

ORIGINAL: azura987

yes of course, silly me. Now it works, but only with nomap, the map version has a memory problem apparently.

Ok, friends, comrades, etc, I may have the same problem here: new PC, Win 10, and tracker does not run. Disinstalled and downloaded again, but still. You say one must configure his own JAva to 32 bit, whatever this means and IF I manage to do it?

BTW, I'm unable to run even the editor, due to similar or related causes?

P.S: should I disinstall current Java and download the 32 bit version? don't know even what Java version is running here currently, but I guess the latest
floydg

Post by floydg »

You can have multiple versions, but I try not to.

https://www.wikihow.com/Determine-Java-Version
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

Version 8, update 161
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

I have both 32 and 64 bit versions. I put the 32 bit program in a completely different place than the standard install location.
That way the Java update does not see it and does not remove it for me.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

Just to reinforce what has been said here: 32 and 64 bit Java can coexist (assuming you have a 64-bit system), and 32-bit Java is all that matters for Tracker.

A key part to installing Tracker is modifying the WitPTracker.bat file in the Tracker directory (you can use Notepad or another text editor of your choice).

My .bat file reads as:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\java.exe" -Xms512m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
 pause

The file path in quotation marks replaces the word "java" that's initially in the file. This tells Tracker to look for the 32-bit version of Java in a specific location rather than relying on the Windows registry to be correct. The switches "-Xms512m" and "-Xmx768m" set the maximum allowed memory Tracker allows without causing errors. This will help with memory errors and/or use of a map with Tracker.

Keep in mind that Tracker can take some time to get started, especially with a save game consisting of several hundreds of turns. Tracker currently takes about 12 minutes to start for me on my Jan '43 save. I usually start Tracker first and let it load in the background while I open the game and start working through action items in Combat Reporter.
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

To compare, here is mine. Notice that I do not use any memory command line switches and it works fine. Java will use its defaults and will use all the memory
that your installation will provide. Also note that I put my copy of 32 bit Java on a completely different disk drive so the update program will not try and
delete it for me.

"E:\32 bit java\installation\bin\java.exe" -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap
pause
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

Have you tried that same configuration with a map? I know the map adds quite a bit of memory overhead; in fact, the only time my copy of Tracker crashes is when I try to display ship movement (covering several hundred turns) on the map.
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

It doesn't seem to but it does work using

"E:\32 bit java\installation\bin\java.exe" -Xms1g -Xmx1g -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause

These switches will allocate 1GB of heap space and the maximum is also 1GB.

I also found this in the oracle docs for Java:

For best performance, set -Xms to the same size as the maximum heap size.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”