Check Your 6! is coming soon

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Muso

Check Your 6! is coming soon

Post by Muso »

We’re proud to announce Slitherine’s first tactical air-combat game, based on the tabletop masterpiece and Origins Awards Winner created by Scott Fisher: Check Your 6!

While staying true to its physical counterpart, the game has slightly adapted its mechanics to enhance the digital experience and deliver a game with incredible replay value.

Developed by The Lordz Games Studio and Moonlit Studio, Check Your 6! will take you right at the heart of World War II.

With 14 aircraft, 8 for the Axis and 6 for the Allies, fighting over 18 different missions that are playable from both sides, the game gives you the opportunity to be replayed multiple times. The WEGO turn-based gameplay makes every game of Check Your 6! different as each move has a dramatic impact on the final battle results.
Check Your 6! also features hotseat and real-time online multiplayer mode, where you’ll be able to fight against your friends and foes.

Check the trailer HERE!

Check Your 6! will be out on our site and Steam on March 15th, so stay tuned!

klhbekool

RE: Check Your 6! is coming soon

Post by klhbekool »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am seriously about to pass out.
KLH
wodin

Post by wodin »

I hope each plane has a named pilot..add immersion and less generic. I'd like to have seen squadron and pilot management in a sandbox campaign. For me the game will live or die on how immersive it is and if you can become attached to your pilots..this is where the tension would be created for me.

HellcatOne

Post by HellcatOne »

Very interesting!
I still waiting a game like this from achtung spitfires comes!
[left]Image[/left]
[left]CMANO Italia[/left]
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

I am always fascinated how difficult the English language is, as so many of the rules seem so arbitrary. The logic of consistency would make it natural to think that 14 aircraft would be "14 Aircrafts" when in fact the word aircraft is used for both singular and plural.
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Hanal

I am always fascinated how difficult the English language is, as so many of the rules seem so arbitrary. The logic of consistency would make it natural to think that 14 aircraft would be "14 Aircrafts" when in fact the word aircraft is used for both singular and plural.

Yes, we have "rules of exception" for all the quirks.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Interesting, looks like a modern sustitute for "Over The reich" and "achtung spitfire"... strange no read about a skirmish mode or a scen editor/creator, a game like this without these 2 is specially if is going to be another base game for a trillion of DLCs, FOG2 here is for me the way to do that kind of games (even when i find old FOG did army pack area better).

I am curious about that 14 airplanes and how you can customize them specially in campaign.

-BF109
-BF110
-CR-42
-G-50
-Ju87
-Ju88
-He-111
-Do-17
-Br-20

-Spitfire
-Hurricane
-Defiant
-Beaufighter/Blenheim IF
-Battle

nicwb

Post by nicwb »

What sort of game scale ? -it looks like a cross between individual planes and squadrons?
jack54

Post by jack54 »

This looks very nice... if it's true to the board game. The Board game seems to be individual planes. Board Game Geek has a 'how to play' example video (with planes from the pacific theater not included with this PC version) it gives an idea of how things work..

I feel almost obligated to purchase this game since I really want to support board game to PC conversions... especially Air Combat games.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame ... eck-your-6
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”