What is planned next for the series?

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

nnason

RE: What is planned next for the series?

Post by nnason »

I agree perhaps a crowd funding or pay in advance so Matrix would have a guarantee.
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: Leadwieght

I may get shouted down for this suggestion, but I for one would happily pay a reasonable fee for a downloadable PDF of the fully updated Manual for this game. Many things have altered (nearly all for the better), and many bugs have been eradicated to the point where it's hard to keep track. Besides, Bill and Hubert have done tremendous work, and I for one wouldn't begrudge them and Matrix a few more $$$. Lord knows, I've gotten LOTS of replay value from this game since I spent my forty bucks on it last year.

You won't be shouted down, but we can save you some money! [8D]

The pdf file has been updated numerous times as we've released patches, so what you find in game is a much updated version of the original. [:)]
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: xwormwood

Hi Bill.
The screen (the smaller diplo, research, etc. screens) always flash if you confirm any action. Looks as if the program would suffer from hick-ups if one presses the buttons.
It is no big problem, but nevertheless it is there. It has always been there (the game series).

Example. Go to the research screen. Decide to research any kind of tech. The game ask you if you want to spend ... mpps. No matter which answer you give, just click on YES or NO and watch the screen. It will flash / blink. As if the game would remove & replace it, where the screen should remain unchanged.

Different example:
Go to the diplo menu. Chose to add a diplo chit on a country of your own chosing. The game will ask again if you want to spend ... mpps. Answer YES or NO and watch the screen. The diplo menu will flash / blink.

Btw.: would you mind to modify the message which informs the player that a encircled / cut off unit suffers from desertion? I know that desertion might be a problem in such a case. But during a WW2 scenario I would imagine that the unit suffers from drop outs (injuries), maybe even starvation, surely from loosing equipment which couldn't be moved because for the lack of fuel etc. first.

In my current game I play the Axis side, have a national morale of 107%, and one unit gets cut of for some turns and sufferes from desertions. I know that a cut of unit will surely suffer from desertion once there is nothing left to eat, and the entire situation looks hopless. But personaly I would always assume that the unit would suffer from losses because of the situation, and not so much from desertion. Doesn't feel right to get this message during a high national morale phase, and an overall good looking war situation. I don't mind the strength point losses, they are a great addition to the game play. It is just the message, which reminds me much more on WW1 than WW2. But maybe that is only me, which might be very well be the case. :)

edit:
back on topic: something else I would very much love to see in an add-on for SC WW2: those precisious dreadnoughts and Mulberries. :)

Thanks for the explanation Claus. There is a slight delay on my side when I invest in research, but the diplomacy was instantaneous so it might be system based.

In terms of Desertions, we spent some time wondering what word we could use that would work, and it wasn't easy. I think of desertions in these occasions to include large scale surrenders to the enemy, i.e. a mass surrender, and if taken with that in mind then hopefully it's a bit more plausible.

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

ORIGINAL: Leadwieght

I may get shouted down for this suggestion, but I for one would happily pay a reasonable fee for a downloadable PDF of the fully updated Manual for this game. Many things have altered (nearly all for the better), and many bugs have been eradicated to the point where it's hard to keep track. Besides, Bill and Hubert have done tremendous work, and I for one wouldn't begrudge them and Matrix a few more $$$. Lord knows, I've gotten LOTS of replay value from this game since I spent my forty bucks on it last year.

You won't be shouted down, but we can save you some money! [8D]

The pdf file has been updated numerous times as we've released patches, so what you find in game is a much updated version of the original. [:)]

Brilliant! [:)] I wish more people would do this.
Richard
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

It is indeed not an easy task.
I would have used something like "Unit xyz suffers from low supply".
:)
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
Leadwieght

Post by Leadwieght »

Bill,
Well don't say I didn't try to give you more money! Seriously, I did not realize the online version of the manual was being updated. That's great news!

LW
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Thanks to Bills efforts we do update the manual to reflect changes made to the game - it is however fair to say that at times the manual lags a little behind the latest release versions

With regard to "whats next" I'm sorry for the frustration but all we can say at present is that Hubert, Bill and others are working on a number of Strategic Command projects - and when the details for these become firmer we will of course share them with you. Unfortunately, for the moment all we can say is there will be more games!

Apologies

Ben Wilkins
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

ORIGINAL: Cataphract88

A Pacific version would be great - count me in!
+1

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
PHalen

Post by PHalen »

My most wanted next SC series?
For Hubert & Bill to saddle up with ace modders kirk23, SIPRES & Co and roll out a set of Napoleonic era campaigns on that 20km/hex map.
Definitely!
The market appears to be screaming for a good Napoleonic, turn-based strategy game.
I certainly am!

I would also welcome a Pacific Theater SC3 that probably is a more realistic wish...
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

ORIGINAL: PHalen

The market appears to be screaming for a good Napoleonic, turn-based strategy game.
I certainly am!

Seconded!
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

If you leave WW1 / WW2, i would go for a cold war game, or maybe even a fantasy game (Sword of Aragon deluxe).
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

ORIGINAL: xwormwood

If you leave WW1 / WW2, i would go for a cold war game, or maybe even a fantasy game (Sword of Aragon deluxe).

Roman era!
ikrananka

Post by ikrananka »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

While this is great, one major omission from the manual is a version number. Benedict151 has stated that at times the PDF manual lags a little behind the latest release. So, at the moment, when I look at the PDF manual I have no way of knowing what game version it has been updated to reflect. If I did then I would at least know what patch notes I need to read to supplement the current PDF manual. Can this be changed?

BTW - up to what game version does the current PDF manual reflect?

Icier

Post by Icier »

it may make the game to complex, but I would like see an arms/resource/income menu where you can have to decide what type of arms & pro types that you wish to manufacture & arm your troops.
Then introduce the Pacific theatre.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi ikrananka2,

Bill can correct me here but I believe the manual is fully up to date with the current version of the game.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”