Emperor of the Fading Suns remake?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Hattori Hanzo

RE: RE:

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: Athelas2211

Love the game. Two mods help it out a lot.
Another guy is doing phoenix patch to correct hard coded things.

What was the problem , why couldnt Matrix do it?

That game is something awsome....setting, you got it all....

I still play the Nova mod with 4 friends of mine and it is awesome also today !!!

a remake would be a MUST-BUY for us [X(]
TheGrayMouser

Post by TheGrayMouser »

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo
ORIGINAL: Athelas2211

Love the game. Two mods help it out a lot.
Another guy is doing phoenix patch to correct hard coded things.

What was the problem , why couldnt Matrix do it?

That game is something awsome....setting, you got it all....

I still play the Nova mod with 4 friends of mine and it is awesome also today !!!

a remake would be a MUST-BUY for us [X(]
Ancient thread but this would be awesome. I was just googling Emperor of the Fading suns remake and it brought me here. Loved that game.

Nice, I still own the CD. Havnt tried to install on windows 10 but was able to get it running on 7. I recall some sort of defunct Direct X file was needed file was needed.

The code must have been pretty archaic if Matrix couldnt "do anything with it" back in 2011. Id buy if it was simply updated to work o a modern system, a bonus would be using the PBEMAIL ++ system.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: TheGrayMouser

The code must have been pretty archaic if Matrix couldnt "do anything with it" back in 2011. Id buy if it was simply updated to work o a modern system, a bonus would be using the PBEMAIL ++ system.

as previously said, "my suspicion is that the owners of the original IP have unrealistic ideas either about what can be done with it or how much it is worth".
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

there is also a new game in the works and in early access now - Alliance of the Sacred Suns, which claims to be a grand 5x strategy in which you are the emperor of the various systems and i assume varying factions. Of course Alliance of the Sacred Suns is not related to EotFS but it has i think some similar ideas maybe and a similar sounding name too
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

thanks Agathosdaimon, Alliance of the Sacred Suns seem both VERY interesting and the most similar game to Emperor of the Fading Suns.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

If you are interested in Alliance of the Sacred Suns, check out this YouTube video from last month.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

Return to “General Discussion”