Campaign keeps crashing 19’seconds after start

Command: Chains of War is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. 20 minutes into the future, a spark erupts in the Korean peninsula that will lead to a theaterwide conflagration embroiling the entire Western Pacific and drag all major powers into it.
fatgreta1066

Campaign keeps crashing 19’seconds after start

Post by fatgreta1066 »

I run the scenario for 1 second to detect comtacts, then ready my reserve aircraft and set up a bunch of missions. (13, they all pass area validation, 2 are inactive). I start the game and on 1:1 time compression it always stops working at at about 19!seconds. At higher it sometimes goes to 25 or so seconds. I’ve rebooted my computer before starting command, and I’ve played a lot of this game on this machine without ever a problem like this. I believe I’m up to date on patches v1.13, build 972.12. This doesn’t happen when I start a fresh campaign and just run the sim, but has happened after starting a fresh campaign and doing all of the above steps. What can I do?

Thanks,

Chris
Eggstor

RE: Campaign keeps crashing 19’seconds after start

Post by Eggstor »

You're not quite up to date. Try installing the latest hotfix, build 972.14.
fatgreta1066

Post by fatgreta1066 »

Thanks, will do. Interestingly, cranking the initial time compression up to 30 seconds or higher seems to solve the problem. And, one run through at 1:1 actuallynworked too. Weird.
fatgreta1066

Post by fatgreta1066 »

I downloaded and installed that file, it seems to have fixed the problem. I don't know if this is relevant, but when I use the game's launch screen check for update feature, it told me I was up to date. I might be that a patch and a hotfix are different, I just thought I'd mention it. Thanks for the quick reply.
Eggstor

Post by Eggstor »

I'm glad it worked. The hotfix is not yet available through the Matrix or Steam auto-updater, so for the freshest version, keep an eye on the main forum.
robphx387

Post by robphx387 »

Will this fix also solve a problem I am having:

Bought CoW as a standalone from steam and installed. Ran the Air tutorial and it crashed between 60-120 minutes in to game play. At first, I assumed it was a bug from selecting a unit right before it died. But, after running the Surface ship tutorial once in an hour successfully, I restarted it the next day (to try a different strategy), and crashed at about the same time in game as I did the air tutorial.

Brand new win 10 computer.
fatgreta1066

Post by fatgreta1066 »

I can only say it works perfect for me with the latest build, but I don’t use it on steam

Return to “Command: Chains of War”