Magnify the Unit List?

Moderator: Jason Petho

Crossroads

RE: Magnify the Unit List?

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: TJD

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

So, while playing Middle East with the TV set as your display, maybe have the Desktop scaling ON?

Well, it is on, by default, on both the laptop and desktop.

Sorry, what I meant to say was set your Desktop -> Display Settings - Scale and Layout to say 125% while playing Middle East with your TV.

It won't resolve why the two are different size, but at least you can enjoy the larger fonts and graphics with ME too.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

^^ this one:

Attachments
scaling.jpg
scaling.jpg (111.65 KiB) Viewed 121 times
---
TJD

Post by TJD »

Fixed. So here's what I did. I went to the shortcut for the Campaign Series and under Compatibility I checked Override High DPI Scaling. I didn't think to do this initially because I didn't regard 1920x1080 as high resolution.

Now the Unit boxes are the same size! Thank you Oberst Klink for pointing me in the right direction with your links. And thanks also to Crossroads! Really appreciate it guys.

Attachments
fixed.jpg
fixed.jpg (92.45 KiB) Viewed 121 times
TJD

Post by TJD »

Addendum: while the unit boxes are of the same size now, the original issue of making them larger and more readable for old eyes hasn't been resolved. I tried using the Windows settings to scale things up globally, and while it works for some parts of the interface the unit info box appears fixed in size. Would like to see it larger at some point.

Anyway, thanks again for your help and attention, and I'll shut up now. [&o]
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: TJD

Addendum: while the unit boxes are of the same size now, the original issue of making them larger and more readable for old eyes hasn't been resolved. I tried using the Windows settings to scale things up globally, and while it works for some parts of the interface the unit info box appears fixed in size. Would like to see it larger at some point.

Anyway, thanks again for your help and attention, and I'll shut up now. [&o]
As the saying from a Brit supermarket goes - Every little helps ;)

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I'm blind as a bat without corrective lenses, but I do like the crispness of the graphics at 1920x1200. Definitely an improvement over the JTCS fuzzy stuff, which somehow bothered my eyes more. Of course, more options are good to have.
djbaart

Post by djbaart »

Hi.

I can confirm this issue. The unit list is way too small for comfortable reading. I'm playing at 3840x2160 on 40" TV (Windows 10 64bit, NVidia graphics card) and while the rest of game interface is properly scaled - menus etc., unit list has too small font. I was trying with scaling options but without positive result. Setting down resolution to lower one gives blurry image and even harder to read - not native resolution issue. It is not a game breaker but I would like to use unit list window. I have perfect eyesight BTW.

With reagards,
Bart
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: djbaart

Hi.

I can confirm this issue. The unit list is way too small for comfortable reading. I'm playing at 3840x2160 on 40" TV (Windows 10 64bit, NVidia graphics card) and while the rest of game interface is properly scaled - menus etc., unit list has too small font. I was trying with scaling options but without positive result. Setting down resolution to lower one gives blurry image and even harder to read - not native resolution issue. It is not a game breaker but I would like to use unit list window. I have perfect eyesight BTW.

With reagards,
Bart

Sorry to hear this, all I can say it works on my W10 64bit Desktop. I select 125% scaling, and everything scales just beautifully. I don't have a 4K display though, but a HD. What I've seen in the various gaming fora just keep on trying using different values until you hit the one that works on your particular 4K setup?
---
randy44

Post by randy44 »

Works for me.I play at 3840 on w10 64 bit nvidia with 175 scaling. Looks good.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

This is good info, by the way, does anyone else have difficulty at times trying to select a unit when you left click on it? Clicking on the base doesn't work, you have to click on the little person.
Just a thought
berto

Post by berto »

Bases are optional; you can toggle them ON/OFF. They are not an integral part of the unit; they are an accessory. So, yes, clicking on them doesn't suffice to select the unit. You have to click on the unit image directly.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
djbaart

Post by djbaart »

Hi.

300% scaling made the difference. Now unit list has perfect size. Thank you very much for help!

With regards,
Bart
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: randy44

Works for me.I play at 3840 on w10 64 bit nvidia with 175 scaling. Looks good.

ORIGINAL: djbaart

Hi.

300% scaling made the difference. Now unit list has perfect size. Thank you very much for help!

With regards,
Bart

Your Mileage May indeed Vary. Glad you've found a setting that works with your setup, gents [:)]
---

Return to “Tech Support”