The next problem in 11.1. Whats going with my fort level?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

piotrmx

The next problem in 11.1. Whats going with my fort level?

Post by piotrmx »

I play as soviet. I and my oponent had 11.0 when we started. Then i upgraded 11.1 and in 2-3 turns my oponent did it.
I play as Soviet. In T8 more than forts on the west of Moscov had level 1 +10% or 2 +10. Now in T9 almost all are at that level. Some lowered their %!!!!!!
The same problem i can see nov near Leningrad and on south. But there are some forts (maybe 30-40%) which have other level. For example 1 +55% or 2 +86%.
I checked Moscov direct accurately. The first line ( Viazma) has 90% forts on these levels. 1 or 2 +10%. The second one ( Mozhaysk) the same problem. The third line along Moscov River about 50% have that problem. When I compare T8 and T9 i can see that sam forts lowered the fort level. For example from 1 + 45% to 1 +10. The same problem with forts on level 2.
piotrmx

RE: The next problem in 11.1. Whats going with my fort level?

Post by piotrmx »

Screen. Red dots in Viazma and Moscov line show where fort level is 1 + 10% or 2 +10%
Attachments
fortslevelproblem.jpg
fortslevelproblem.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 74 times
tyronec

Post by tyronec »

I don't quite follow what you are saying.
Forts do lose levels if they are not occupied.
Are you saying some forts have gone down while they were occupied ? By how much ? Do you have any screenshots that show what they were before and after ?
Certainly sounds like a major issue.
The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds.
Enough of Stalin, Freedom for the Ukraine !
piotrmx

Post by piotrmx »

I know whats going on with unoccupied forts. There is T9. You can see print screen.
I think its strange. Of course I havent screns from T7 or T8. In T7 3 lines beetwen Viazma and Moscov was ready
. I gathered many units with really good construction value. I noticed in T8 that I had a lot forts with level 1 or 2 and +10%. I asked my opponent to upgrade game to 1.11.1 couse I had read
somewhere that it was some problem with level forts in 1.11.0.
I checked forts level in T9. Most of them where was no battles has 1 or 2 level and +10%.
I checked hexes around Stalino. 7 with +10% and 3 with other %. All level 1 or 2.
It seems me that some forts lost some % but rather didn lost level from 2 to 1 ..
But i'm not sure.
I'm going to check all hexes, mark these with level 1 , 2 or 3 and 10% and check how they will looks in T10.
After some games I "feel" that sth going wrong couse I cant see raising of forts level in Viazma-Moscov area. Let's wait till T10. Maybe I'm wrong :-(.
piotrmx

Post by piotrmx »

I hope I'm wrong :-))))))
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

I don't quite follow either what has happened in your game, but upgrading from 1.11.00 to 1.11.01 has most likely caused it. Check patch notes for 1.11.01: the fort level restrictions have changed so there might be weird stuff happening after upgrade.

Denniss

Post by Denniss »

fort level restrictions were not changed, just a bug fixed that permitted higher levels than intended
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
piotrmx

Post by piotrmx »

I found

"4. Increased the radius in which fort level 1 is allowed to be built - from 20 to 25 hexes from unfrozen, supplied enemy combat units.
5. Increased the radius in which fort level 2 is allowed to be built - from 3 to 4 hexes from unfrozen, supplied enemy combat units. Fort level 2 will be also allowed to be built in any town, as well as in heavy woods, rough, and mountain terrain.
However, in mountain terrain fort level 2 will be the maximum level (as in swamp). "

So where and when I can build fort 1 level, 2 level and more? Is it possible to build fort level 2 10 or 15 hexes from unfroze, supplied enemy combat unit?
Is it possible to build fort level 1 90 hexes from front line?

Where can I build fort level 2 and more than 10%?

Attachments
fort2.jpg
fort2.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 48 times
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

These should be true in v1.11.01:
Fort level 5 can be built only in cities with large port containing a fort unit.

Fort level 4 can be built only in big cities (city, light urban or heavy urban terrain) or towns with port
containing a fort unit.

Fort level 3 can be built only in big cities, towns with port, in hexes with a fort unit or adjacent to an
enemy.

Fort level 2 can be built only next to a fort unit, in coastal zones or up to 4 hexes from a supplied enemy
unit. Fort level 2 will be also allowed to be built in any town, as well as in heavy woods, rough, and mountain terrain.

Fort level 1 can be built only up to 25 hexes from a supplied enemy unit.

In swamp and mountain terrain the fort cannot be larger than 2.

Note that the above implies that fort level 0 (not yet fort level 1) can be built anywhere without restrictions
morvael

Post by morvael »

There is no fort level 0, it's just unfinished fort level 1, so if you cannot build to fort level 1, no fort icon should appear at all (even with "0").

Also:
Fixed a bug where hexes around Lake Ladoga weren't detected as coastal zone hexes for the purposes of finding max fort level allowed in hex, while hexes not in any coastal zone (inland) were detected as coastal zone hexes, thus allowing fort level 2 everywhere on the map (except around Lake Ladoga), contradicting rules as designed.

I guess this prevents building to fort level 2 around Moscow when the Germans are too far away and there are no fort units. Perhaps the side effect of changing the maximum allowed is that existing fort levels were reduced to that value.

Return to “The War Room”