Fort construction

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

tomeck48

Fort construction

Post by tomeck48 »

Do RR Construction battalions help in constructing fortifications? Are they as effective as sapper or plain construction battalions?
thedoctorking

RE: Fort construction

Post by thedoctorking »

Good question. I have not been able to figure out clearly what goes into the construction value. I have created fort units with three Sapper Regiments and had them have everything from 15 to 45 or so construction value. Same thing with construction battalions - I've had some that were worth 1 construction point and others with up to 10 or so.
No idea

Post by No idea »

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking

Good question. I have not been able to figure out clearly what goes into the construction value. I have created fort units with three Sapper Regiments and had them have everything from 15 to 45 or so construction value. Same thing with construction battalions - I've had some that were worth 1 construction point and others with up to 10 or so.

Look at thir toes, to see if they have far less than a 100%. On top of that (altough I dont know if this is reflected on construction values, I think it isnt) experienced sappers dig much quicker than non experienced ones. Check their experience.

Regarding the OP question, I dont know.
tomeck48

Post by tomeck48 »

Let's say I have a division building a fort. If I click on the TOE it says construction value 15. I presume that's the intrinsic value for the unit by itself, not the value used after factoring in sappers, civilian labor, weather, etc. Correct?
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: tomeck48

Let's say I have a division building a fort. If I click on the TOE it says construction value 15. I presume that's the intrinsic value for the unit by itself, not the value used after factoring in sappers, civilian labor, weather, etc. Correct?

Correct. That is the value of the Division itself.
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
ringhloth

Post by ringhloth »

Offmap railroad units definitely contribute to fort building. On-map railroad units, including off-map units sent out by HQs, don't. As for the effectiveness, pioneer squads are more powerful man for man than labor squads, but some SUs have enormous amount of labor squads.
ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

Correct. That is the value of the Division itself.
The value of the unit + the directly attached divisions.
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

ORIGINAL: ringhloth
Offmap railroad units definitely contribute to fort building.

This is only true for version 1.11.00+ (and some older versions which probably no one uses anymore).
ringhloth

Post by ringhloth »

ORIGINAL: Nix77

ORIGINAL: ringhloth
Offmap railroad units definitely contribute to fort building.

This is only true for version 1.11.00+ (and some older versions which probably no one uses anymore).
It is definitely true for the beta. Play in a human versus human game, build a fort in a random hex as the soviets and attach 3 RR battalions to it. Turn 3, you'll have a level one fort.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”