Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950(update ver1.04)

Post new mods and scenarios here
wzfcns

Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950(update ver1.04)

Post by wzfcns »

Task Force Faith, also known as Task Force Maclean (and by its official designation, Regimental Combat Team 31 (RCT-31)) or the Polar Bear Regiment ,was a United States Army unit destroyed in fighting at the Battle of Chosin Reservoir during the Korean War between 27 November – 2 December 1950. On the 27 November,1950,Task Force Faith march north to Sinhung-Ni,a lttle town in north korea.US force plan to attack north the following morning.What they don't know is,PVA 80th Division has already wait them here for long.

The first five rounds after the fighting started, if PVA occupy the victory point on SinHuang-Ni, PVA direct victory;
On third round, U.S. Air Force began to provide support;
At the start of the fourth round, the supply point of the U.S in SinHung-Ni has disappeared, and the airlift supply has been replaced every three rounds. If the U.S has no control over SinHung-Ni, the airdrop will be canceled;the airdrop will be resumed after it is recaptured. Therefore, once the SinHung-Ni has been abandoned to make a breakthrough, , the U.S will be unable to obtain supplies; it will be left behind by the commanders of the U.S. military.
Due to the complex terrain in SinHung-Ni area, the 50% chance of an airdrop failure failed. The U.S. military received only 30% of the supplies and the volunteer army received a supply point for two rounds.
Each night round, PVA won the surprise addition.
After the fifth round, any U.S. unit arrived in the southwestern direction toward the end of the road in Hagaru-ri, U.S won directly.
Change Scenarios design to make it more historical. Increased U.S. loss intolerance and reduced PVA's. The goal of the U.S.Force is to reduce its own casualties as much as possible. Added a victory point for the volunteers in the north as the initial goal of US in the history
Attachments
Battle of ..ni v1.04.zip
(112.44 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
....I said:"Isn't this letting the enemy catch us all in an action?We run away for ourselves,How can we worthily of our soldiers?Tell them run for themselves."
-Lieutenant General Du Yuming,Deputy Commander of Xuzhou Anti-Bandit HQ
rhinobones

RE: Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950

Post by rhinobones »

I like small battles with tactical decisions. Good job. Looks like a really mean fight.

Where were the 1st Marines while this is going on?

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
wzfcns

Post by wzfcns »

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

I like small battles with tactical decisions. Good job. Looks like a really mean fight.

Where were the 1st Marines while this is going on?

Regards, RhinoBones
The 1st Marines were surrounded in Yudam-ni and Hagaru-ri by other five chinese divisions so that can't rescued 31RCT
....I said:"Isn't this letting the enemy catch us all in an action?We run away for ourselves,How can we worthily of our soldiers?Tell them run for themselves."
-Lieutenant General Du Yuming,Deputy Commander of Xuzhou Anti-Bandit HQ
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

A lot of good soldiers and Marines died at the reservoir, we should always remember.

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
CaptainKoloth

Post by CaptainKoloth »

Thanks for this! There's a definite lack of Korean War scenarios/ new scenarios that aren't conversions from previous iterations of TOAW.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”