Help with Falklands '82 scenario

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
jarraya

Help with Falklands '82 scenario

Post by jarraya »

Trying to play the Falklands '82 scenario that comes with the game.
I find the Theatre Options very confusing - Take Control of carriers - and also the Exocet option - can someone (scenario author?) please explain how these options are activated/used? Tried reading the attached document, which describes the EW options and their effect but I have no idea how to select one?
Many thanks!
Oberst_Klink

RE: Help with Falklands '82 scenario

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: jarraya

Trying to play the Falklands '82 scenario that comes with the game.
I find the Theatre Options very confusing - Take Control of carriers - and also the Exocet option - can someone (scenario author?) please explain how these options are activated/used? Tried reading the attached document, which describes the EW options and their effect but I have no idea how to select one?
Many thanks!
The scenario is designed to be PBEM only; there are quite a few house-rules the AI can't oblige etc. As for the theatre options, you click on 'View' and there you got them, if available of course.

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (526.1 KiB) Viewed 80 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
jarraya

Post by jarraya »

[/quote]
The scenario is designed to be PBEM only; there are quite a few house-rules the AI can't oblige etc. As for the theatre options, you click on 'View' and there you got them, if available of course.

Klink, Oberst

[/quote]

Ah, OK! That makes sense. Will need to find an opponent then!

Can you please explain how the EW options work? I have four units in an off map location with the EW options labelled. How do I "activate" the option they are standing on?

Thanks again!
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Now, at turn 3, the Gauchos and the Limeys have the option to determine the following:
Special Operations
Turn 3 Exocet Options – Both sides will receive 4 disband cadres pertaining to Land, Air, Market and Electronics.
Argentina will receive them in the lower left corner of the map; England in the upper right corner. Each player
should choose one to serve as the “PRIMARY” strategy for the employment of (and countermeasures against) the Exocet Missile System.

Argentina England
Land  No 2nd NAS;
 80% of 3x ASM midscenario
 +20 Theater Recon
Air  2nd NAS from beginning
 1x ASM end scenario
 115% Air Shock only with
full operational control of
both carriers

Market  50% chance of a second
section to the 2nd NAS midscenario
 No 1x ASM end scenario
 Cancels 50% chance of a
second section to the 2nd
NAS.

Electronic  80% chance of cancelling
English Counter-Electronics
 2nd NAS from beginning but
no 1x ASM end scenario
 80% possibility to disable
all Exocet systems for a
variable 4 – 10 turns.

See screenshot for the Argies.

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (316.23 KiB) Viewed 80 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
jarraya

Post by jarraya »

Does that mean then, that by disbanding I select the option I want? Or do I disband the other 3 I don't want?
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: jarraya

Does that mean then, that by disbanding I select the option I want? Or do I disband the other 3 I don't want?
Only one is allowed to disband (see the .PDF). When in doubt, drop ye'ole Mark Dobbs an electronic mail. AFAIK, he's still around and about, mate.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”