Campaign Series: Middle East Version 2.0 is OUT!

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Crossroads

RE: Campaign Series: Middle East Version 2.0 is OUT!

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: NAVMAN

Greetings,
If we purchase the cd version of the game, what version will the cd have on it?

Thx

That's a good question, actually! I asked Matrix about this, and will post here once I know the answer.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

We have to uninstall first? Nice job guys, I will be playing this weekend
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

ORIGINAL: NAVMAN

Greetings,
If we purchase the cd version of the game, what version will the cd have on it?

Thx

That's a good question, actually! I asked Matrix about this, and will post here once I know the answer.

I have the confirmation from Matrix that the boxed edition has CSME 2.0 installed in their DVDs
---
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Please clarify. On your advert purchase of Campaign Series V2.0 is $19.99 but below it states that update is free? Do not understand. Secondly I have all versions of CS (Eastern Front, West Front, Japan) and Middle East. So only Middle East affected by change to version 2. Does need to uninstall original version mean that all the old user scenarios will no longer work?
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: edward77

Please clarify. On your advert purchase of Campaign Series V2.0 is $19.99 but below it states that update is free? Do not understand. Secondly I have all versions of CS (Eastern Front, West Front, Japan) and Middle East. So only Middle East affected by change to version 2. Does need to uninstall original version mean that all the old user scenarios will no longer work?

Hello Edward,

First: yes, it is only the CS Middle East game that got remastered, so what you have is a new installer, available at your Member page under My Games.

I do believe the installer want the old version uninstalled first. I had removed it earlier, so don't quite recall.

Older user scenarios have a good chance of working with 2.0, especially if you open one first with 2.0 Scenario Editor, and save it then.

Finally, no changes to JTCS series of games. Campaign Series game titles have a new, different engine to that of the JTCS one. New, completely redone WW2 era game titles to appear over the coming years under Campaign Series, too.

Edit:

[*] JTCS = John Tiller's Campaign Series, released in 2007. No new updates.
[*] CS = Campaign Series, as of Middle East, released in 2015. New code, new unit database, new graphics. Not compatible with JTCS.
---
Daniele

Post by Daniele »

ORIGINAL: edward77

I'll clarify.

1) The update is free, so if you have already bought the game previously the only thing you have to do to play with 2.0 is to download the new installer, then unistall the old version of the game (if it's installed on your pc) and then run the new installer. If you find yourself stuck, here the procedure has been explained with more detail: tm.asp?m=4421135

2) If otherwise you never purchased the game, you can obtain it now 50% discounted until January 25th. After that date, if you want to purchase the game you'll pay the regular price. If you purchase the game for the first time, it goes with the new installer, so no need to make the procedure of point 1).

Hope this answers your doubts!

Regards
NAVMAN

Post by NAVMAN »

Greetings,
Thx to all who looked into my question of what version was on the cd. I note that the description
on the store page shows the version as 1.00. Perhaps that should be changed to 2.00?
Also, does the purchase price of $46.99 for the boxed version reflect a sale price?

Thx.
NAVMAN

Post by NAVMAN »

Jason,
Thx for your reply.
alanarv

Post by alanarv »

Registered my original game when I bought it years ago, but Matrix somehow lost my registration, so I ended up buying the down load last night. Took two hours for the file to download. When I installed it the files were mixed up in the folders and the game would not play and I could not use the editors. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game two more times but got the same results. So I deleted the download. Today I tried downloading the game again but after 5 hours only got to 59%. the download was constantly getting interrupted. I cancelled the download and gave up. This thing is a total rip off.
gbaby

Post by gbaby »

I downloaded tonight and it took about a minute to complete the download. Hmm.. Time to get some services upgraded.

No problems on install if the directions followed as prescribed. As previous owner, uninstall first and install new, and it works fine.

And it is free as an update to previous version, so what is the rip off?

From what I have experimented with so far, great job on the update. Looking forward to Vietnam and East Front part I. Great series.

alanarv

Post by alanarv »

The problem is in the download. I am not the only one who has had problems with the down load. Not only does it take an exceedingly long time to down load, but it ends up being a corrupted copy as well. This has always been a problem with game downloads. Some get them fast and uncorrupted, others such as myself seem to get them slow and always corrupted. This is $19.95 wasted. Now I am going to forced to buy the boxed version for $50.00. In fact, this may be Matrix's business strategy all along, lure the buyer in with the download, then when buyer has innumerable problems with the down load, offer the boxed version as an alternative. The old "Bait and Switch" trick.
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

I am trying to download since yesterday with no luck too...[:(]
Former AJE team member
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

I am sorry to hear that guys, wish I could do something about it... I wonder if the download servers have mirror sites you could try in case the main site fails? As many have posted, I had no issues with download either. Seems strange it works for some bot not for the other [&:]
---
budd

Post by budd »

Did you guys open a support ticket? The one and only time I had trouble with a download, support provided me with an alternate download site. It was awhile ago, not sure if that's still the case but I'm sure they could figure out something.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Strangely, I have had no problems, I did not get ripped off, and I was not baited then switched. What have I done wrong ? [sarcasm intended]

As an auto-mechanic, sometimes the only diagnosis for a car problem is a 'loose nut behind the steering wheel' [;)]
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

This is the first time I have had this problem, and I know it is not a ruse by Matrix !!

Matrix is top-notch in their support and absolutely honest as vendor. [&o]

I have opened a ticket.

Regards
Former AJE team member
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

The problem with downloading and installing relates to-

fb.asp?m=4421448

AVAST and some other AV software are the culprits,e.g.if you get a 421 IP address blocked message or the installation hangs/screws up.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

The problem with downloading and installing relates to-

fb.asp?m=4421448

AVAST and some other AV software are the culprits,e.g.if you get a 421 IP address blocked message or the installation hangs/screws up.

Klink, Oberst

In my case no.

I use the Windows 7 built-it AV and firewall, nothing else, since many years I

Waiting for an answer from helpdesk
Former AJE team member
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

My issue is solved with the help of the excelent Matrix helpdesk [&o]

They gave me an alternate download link and all went well. Smooth and fast !

Great service as usual, VPaulus ! [&o]
Former AJE team member

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”