Yugoslavia scenario- an invitation/idea

Post new mods and scenarios here
olaui13

Yugoslavia scenario- an invitation/idea

Post by olaui13 »

Hi

I think this subject can be interesting for our TOAW community.
Yugoslav army (Jugoslavenska narodna armija, JNA) had interesting mix with mostly soviet weapons but also USA army weaponry systems: for example F-84G, F-86E but also JAK-3 (admitted before 1948) and after 1962 various variants MIG-21.There was also a nice domestic production of combat aircrafts: Jastreb (j-21), Galeb (g-2), Super Galeb (g-4), Orao (j-22)..
In 1950'-60' JNA received a pretty big number of various western tanks (about six hundred Serman M4A3, three hundred Paton M-47, 240 M-18, 399 M-36) and APV M-8, M-3, howitzers M-7.

Thes tanks and APVs served in front line duties along with Russian made T-34 and after 1961 with T-55 and T-72. There were also domestic tanks M-84 and various domestic APCs.
In 1990's there were also some T-34 and M-47 together with M-84, T-72 in front line battles in Yugoslav wars.

Like independent nation and leader of the Non-Aligned Movement/Pokret nesvrstanih/De alliancefrie landes bevægelse had Yugoslavia war plans to defend ourselves from West and East block.
There was (and there is) some strategic corridors to invasion from East (From Hungary plains, Bulgaria- Vardar river- Moravska valley-Šumadija..)And some very interesting and pretty hard from West (Trieste- Ilirska Bistrica, desant on the Adriatic cost).
There was many historical land disputations between Yugoslavia and neighbouring lands (most with Italia, Bulgaria, Albania)and just one alliance (with Romania).
I tried once one little scenario- Bulgarian limited incursion in area omkring now Macedonian town Strumica. Unfortunately i didn't finished scenario.. and dont have enough free time to do it alone, in near future :(
In possible scenarios can one set Yugoslav domestic problems variable (som actually led to ciwil war in 1990's) but one can take Yugoslavia like one compact and strong nation which Yugoslavia actually was until 1980 when President Tito died (but also couple of years after this.. I will estimate that Yugoslavia will fight again aggressor at least until 1988).
So this is just ideas for you guys som have enough experience and time to make som scenarios.
Personally I like scenarios with small units (platoon/company/battalion)
If you need any help about OOB or something like this be free to ask.

Sincerely

P.S
I am relatively new registered on forum (but I am an experienced TOAW player) so I cant post links to webpages (for example reference to OOB) until my 10th post [:)]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”