Max TOE and "real" TOE

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Gmay

Max TOE and "real" TOE

Post by Gmay »

Playing the campaign both sides.
I have some German units rebuilt.
When they start at the edge of the map the have max TOE at 50%.
I set it to 100% and make them refit.
Will they ever reach 100% or they will be limited at a certain percentage?
Thanks in advance.
[:)]
Gmay

RE: Max TOE and "real" TOE

Post by Gmay »

Well it seems that the number is growing steadily but slow.
It started at 50% and three,not sure exactly,turns later it is at 71.
So I will wait to see if it reaches 100.
Searry

Post by Searry »

It will most likely never fill to 100%. Once it's at 80% The TOE starts building up very slowly from that point on. If they are still regaining morale and training, just keep them at refit and they might get more materiel and guys joining.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

Have you looked at manpower and arms in your pool? In general, units set to 100% refit on a railhead will build up to 100% if all other units are set to "ready". What you want to do though is flow replacements to your high morale units on critical parts of the front, not low morale units at home....

My suggestion is you set them at low TOE (50%) and refit to regain morale up to national morale...
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
Gmay

Post by Gmay »

Thank you both very much for the replies.
The question was made because I was wondering if it was worth it
to wait for them to reach 100,so then I could sent them to front lines.
Thank you for the strategy tips also.[:)]
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

I'm not experienced enough to give advice, but thought I'd share a "tip" which may or may not be useful.

With my existing units (as German) I started reducing all of their TOE % sometime in 1941 in anticipation of reduced replacements (I'm sure I read that advice from someone). I put many of the divisions at 80 or so. But within each Corps, especially the important ones, I'd pick one division to be at 90 or 95 and set it to Refit. So in theory that is my strong division within the Corps. Seems to work as intended, with my strategy.
- Mark
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

ORIGINAL: uw06670

I'm not experienced enough to give advice, but thought I'd share a "tip" which may or may not be useful.

With my existing units (as German) I started reducing all of their TOE % sometime in 1941 in anticipation of reduced replacements (I'm sure I read that advice from someone). I put many of the divisions at 80 or so. But within each Corps, especially the important ones, I'd pick one division to be at 90 or 95 and set it to Refit. So in theory that is my strong division within the Corps. Seems to work as intended, with my strategy.

I'd say that's a really good method to use :)

Usually you have more than enough replacements to satisfy one divisions needs, so it should be OK to put a group of most important divisions to refit, and they'll get all the replacements they can receive (the leader needs to pass some checks to get more replacements, distance to railhead also plays a role here).
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Remember replacements do not fully dilute experience, so sending them to more experienced units will mean your raw recruits actually arrive more experienced overall. So instead of flat across the board ToE settings I would recommend directing them to where they are most needed, or better where they will be most experienced first.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

I'd say that's a really good method to use :)

Hey thanks :-)
- Mark

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”