PBEM - Russians too weak?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

MrLongleg

PBEM - Russians too weak?

Post by MrLongleg »

I am wondering if the Russians stand a chance in a Case Blue full campaign. I haven't seen any AAR that played into Fall of 42. Every time the Russian player folded due to too high losses. Were the Russian players all bad or is the modeling off?
MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)
DOB0041

RE: PBEM - Russians too weak?

Post by DOB0041 »

Well I played 2 campaigns up to turn >60 until November. Both times the russians could never find a stand.

Currently I am playing a campaign and we are in turn 4X begin of october... and the same... Russians are to weak and have a permanent lack of supply so counterattacks are only possible in a very limited scope. In the current scenario the opponent made several mistakes in the first 20 rounds what cost a lot of troops... but still Russians can't stand as quality of troops and supply is very weak.
“In War: Resolution,
In Defeat: Defiance,
In Victory: Magnaminity
In Peace: Good Will.”

¯ Winston S. Churchill, The Second World War
RCHarmon

Post by RCHarmon »

There are some good Soviet players out there who will give any Axis player fits.
MrLongleg

Post by MrLongleg »

ORIGINAL: RCH

There are some good Soviet players out there who will give any Axis player fits.

Do you know of any AAR where the Soviets do well? I am currently playing a PBEM and wonder how to keep some of my army alive in the first weeks of July.
MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”