repairing a railroad

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here
gwgardner

repairing a railroad

Post by gwgardner »

I don't know if this is true for all scenarios, but this is what I've learned about rail repair in my first game with scenario B41_lgf_5.6. After about 100 tries over 5 turns, no repair was done by a repair unit.

1) The manual states that a unit with rail repair capacity will automatically attempt to repair a railroad at the end of a turn where it was not ordered to do something else. This does NOT work in the scenario I played.

2) What does work is to manually order the unit to repair (right click on the unit and select rail repair). Its rail repair capacity immediately falls to zero; IF a hammering sound effect occurs, the rail hex is repaired. If there is no hammering sound effect, the repair failed for that turn.

Oberst_Klink

RE: repairing a railroad

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

I don't know if this is true for all scenarios, but this is what I've learned about rail repair in my first game with scenario B41_lgf_5.6. After about 100 tries over 5 turns, no repair was done by a repair unit.

1) The manual states that a unit with rail repair capacity will automatically attempt to repair a railroad at the end of a turn where it was not ordered to do something else. This does NOT work in the scenario I played.

2) What does work is to manually order the unit to repair (right click on the unit and select rail repair). It's rail repair capacity immediately falls to zero, and a hammering sound effect occurs.

Next turn, there's a chance the rail hex may have been repaired, based on the amount of repair capacity the unit had.
Gary,

the best way to play around, test and see how it works, one of my tutorials is dealing with the RR repair issue(s).

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

2) What does work is to manually order the unit to repair (right click on the unit and select rail repair). It's rail repair capacity immediately falls to zero, and a hammering sound effect occurs.

Next turn, there's a chance the rail hex may have been repaired, based on the amount of repair capacity the unit had.
Gary,

the best way to play around, test and see how it works, one of my tutorials is dealing with the RR repair issue(s).

Klink, Oberst

You forgot. When in doubt, ask the Kraut. [;)][:D]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

I've done all of Herr Oberst's tutorials to my great benefit, but sometimes the nuances escape me.

Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

I've done all of Herr Oberst's tutorials to my great benefit, but sometimes the nuances escape me.
I should have made some references to the manual or at least keynotes about some of the stuff, I guess. But hey, I did all the slides on the go, so to speak. ATM I am still waiting for a volunteer who does create the map of the 'Republic of Zangaro', to continue the Tutorial 'XX series into the 50s/60s... perhaps I'll include an armoured train and some colonial RR repair chaps as well.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

Return to “The War Room”