BtS Lite ver. 4.5 - Kitakami (A) vs Falken (J) - IJN AAR

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Falken

RE: BtS Lite ver. 4.5 - Kitakami (A) vs Falken (J) - IJN AAR

Post by Falken »

Lastly, NY59Giants,

Oh yeah, he sunk the 2 CVS, and the 2CVLs from my CarDiv. he came back in the PM and basically finished the job. I also lost a BC, and i'm about to lose the other one.

it's a mess.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

OUCH!!! 😢
It hurts now and these kind of losses take a while to overcome. Your slight advantage is gone. You will need to concentrate all your carriers in future operations. Air HQs with Nell and Betty become more important.

You get 4 Shokaku Class CVs and 4 slightly larger Shokaku-kai Class CVs. You have the 2 G6 CVLs that convert to CV (60 planes).

Meanwhile, can you post details on your three sieges?
[center]Image[/center]
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Falken

Hi Bif1961,

You are probably correct, but I can only go by the Combat report. It only showed the Enterprise, and 2 other CVLs, but it's possible that he had other CVs (which would make sense) but it just didn't show up for me.

You can probably confirm if you look at Kitakami's AAR, but I must go with what I have. However, your premise is probably correct, considering he attacked me with 99 Dauntless's... If I just had not sent my other CarDiv for repairs. Gotta luv timing.

It looks like your combat report shows only one of possibly two or three TFs that could have been there.

Combat reports only show what you attack. He probably had at least one other TF there you didn't attack.

Makes sense as most players would operate multiple TFs rather than putting so many carriers in one and getting hit with a coordination penalty.

Hans

Bif1961

Post by Bif1961 »

I based my assumption on his strike size against you and his CAP, not what you attacked. It doesn't do you any good to count his planes as your ships slip below the waves.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: bristolduke

ORIGINAL: Falken

Game Date: Feb 25th, 1942.

It's been a while since I last posted. My apologies for that. Gotta luv the holidays. Well... oddly enough, not much has changed since Feb 11th. I'm still chasing Manila, Singapore, Pegu and Palembang.

My opponent has done an amazing job of creating, basically, fortresses in the 3 main key bases. I'm having a heck of a time getting a handle on this, and it's been dramatically slow. Assuming that I can finally get these bases, it's safe to say that my opponent has been able to freeze my expansion. Haven't been able to even hit Java yet as i'm still stuck in what I would consider, primary locations.

In the end, this is both a) amazing forethought and planning by Kitakami, and b) me thinking in historical terms instead of BTSL views. This game is different, and you really need to rush to get these key bases. If I had followed some advise and used APDs and other fast moving ships to get these key bases early, I really believe that I would have had a much easier time. I give total credit to my opponent though, he's really good.

I've lost quite a few xAKs as well as i'm forgotten to protect this TF or that TF, and it seems my opponent is able to really take advantage of these mistakes. Again, good on him...

I'll provide some charts and pictures once we hit March 1942 in a few turns.

As the guy following you with this mod from the glorious empire side ( we are in early Jan), I too have struggled even though I used the blitzkreig approach. I had taken Singapore, Clark and Palembang in the first two weeks (Manila is still hold out on 7 Jan) as well as Balikpapan, Wake Is and Midway shortly after. but I failed to take Singakawang and Tarakan in that first pass of northern Borneo ports, not the right allocation of forces. As such I am unable to stop the air attacks on Palembang (I've gotten to slow them down a bit).

Which of course means the balance here is very good as you must be precisce in both the strategy and tactics to achieve success. Mike and Mike are using small (2 ship) raiding task forces to hit where I'm not as well as being agreesive in defense DEI. They have pulled lots of aircraft in, but they have kept their carriers away.

Keep balzing that trail :)

You are blazing a path here. The massed changes to BTSL have me itching to play it and experience it myself. The Allies are so much more capable in this Mod then ever before and I really want to take a shot at them!

Don't despair. You have LOTS of toys but you need your balance and then CRUSH him somewhere. I'd try to lure him into a trap of your own making...

My .02...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Falken

Post by Falken »

Game Date: March 7th, 1942

Ok,, i'm going to have a few posts here just to catch up on what's going on, and where things are at. I will also have some shots of Singapore, Manila and Palembang to bring everyone up to speed.

Ok.. Let's start with the Strategic Map for March 1942.
Not bad, except for the fact that i've made no inroads into Sumatra and Java as i'm still stuck in the above bases.

Attachments
Strategic..420301.jpg
Strategic..420301.jpg (63.9 KiB) Viewed 66 times
Falken

Post by Falken »

Here is the intelligence Report as of March 7th, 1942
Big thing of course, is my loss of planes (no sweeps earlier in the game).

Attachments
Intelligen..420307.jpg
Intelligen..420307.jpg (92.83 KiB) Viewed 66 times
Falken

Post by Falken »

Now, the major ships sunk.

I really think that soon the CVL Jacksonville will come as not being sunk. I didn't hit that hard, and i really think this is just a FOW thing. My 2 CV and 2 CVL loses have already been mentioned before.

Attachments
MajorSunk..420307.jpg
MajorSunk..420307.jpg (72.74 KiB) Viewed 66 times
Falken

Post by Falken »

Game Date: March 7th, 1942.

Ok.. first look here at Singapore:

Ok.. shows lack of supply, but it's only a big, and i'm already working on that.
Big thing is here that my troops, finally , on the last turn, was able to reduce the Forts from 3 to 1.

Have to rest a bit, and then i'll be back on the attack.
A lot of troops have been decimated, and if you've followed my opponent's AAR, you will see that I have not had the best luck in Attack dice rolls.

Attachments
Singapore19420307.jpg
Singapore19420307.jpg (141.86 KiB) Viewed 66 times
Falken

Post by Falken »

Now, Manila.. I'm so close with this one.
Now, the important thing here is I have the 10 Garrison, 11th Garrison, and the 19th Division at Bataan moving to Manila... This will give me an extra 700 AV.

I"m also bombing the crap out of it with 2 sets of BB Bombardment forces.

Attachments
Manila19420307.jpg
Manila19420307.jpg (141.3 KiB) Viewed 66 times
Falken

Post by Falken »

Lastly, Palembang. Too embarrassed to show that one. I made a mess of that one, and won't be able to do anything until either Singapore or Manila gets done.

All in all, for anyone wanting a hell of a good game, with the "History that could have been", you can't go wrong with this MOD.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Singapore: Pull the Southern Command HQ back across the causeway. You don't need it there. You do need it at to pull supplies and to enable the 56th ID to rebuild. Yes, she goes back over and place in "Rest" before dividing it. All three combat commands get leaders with good Inspiration and Admin. In Sing, combine the components of the 2nd ID. I see components in screenshot. The 15th Ind Com Engr needs to go in "reserve" or be withdrawn back across. If an LCU just needs to have the disabled squads/devices to recover, you place them in "Reserve" mode if in hex with enemy LCUs.

Manila: Divide your full divisions that so disabled squads can recover quicker.

Leaders: Double check your full division at these three siege locations just in case you have poor ones there.
[center]Image[/center]
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Economics: As John 3rd knows well, we need to take a look at your economy. If you have Tracker up and running, I would like to see...
Naval Shipbuilding. How much did you expand? What are you building? Are you able to accelerate anything, especially CV/CVLs? I'm in Sept '43 and I still have over 30 subs halted to allow the surface fleet to be pushed ahead.
Have you expanded Vehicles to 200 or more? Never turn this off as you will need them!!
By now a significant part of airframe expansion should be done and some engines. What have you done in this area? Especially your '42 and '43 airframes.
How much HI surplus are you getting per day?
[center]Image[/center]

Return to “After Action Reports”