Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 17 Sept 2016

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1117 updated 22 September 2012

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: btd64

No. You have to type them in manually....GP

Misunderstanding. I meant can he copy and paste his switches in the forum so we can see them.
Wikingus

Post by Wikingus »

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

ORIGINAL: btd64

No. You have to type them in manually....GP

Misunderstanding. I meant can he copy and paste his switches in the forum so we can see them.

These are the ones I've tried with the beta version, none of them work anymore (the last one - number 5 used to up until a few months ago). Screen either freezes or goes to black every time.

1. "D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor

2. "D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -px1920 -py1080

3. "D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f

4. "D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -px1920 -py1080 -f

5. "D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -dd_sw
Wolfpack1

Post by Wolfpack1 »

Wikingus,

try -multiaudio -skipVideo -cpu1 -wd -px1920 -py1080 -altFont -archive -fixedArt -dd_sw, works fine for me with Win10-64bit.
Regards
Oliver
Wikingus

Post by Wikingus »

ORIGINAL: Wolfpack1

Wikingus,

try -multiaudio -skipVideo -cpu1 -wd -px1920 -py1080 -altFont -archive -fixedArt -dd_sw, works fine for me with Win10-64bit.
Regards
Oliver

That worked, that's amazing! Thank you!! [&o]
Wolfpack1

Post by Wolfpack1 »

Glad to help.
Wikingus

Post by Wikingus »

Glad to help.

OK seems like I've spoken too soon. The game runs, but there's no top menu bar when I'm in the game - means I can't end turn etc. Also no mini map. The map dimensions are also a bit off, and I can't scroll all the way to the edges of the map.

Known issue/suggestions? [:(]

EDIT: if I replace -px1920 -py1080 with -f it now works, but in windowed mode.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

See my reply here for information related to your issue.

Don't use -fixedArt unless you don't want the rotating art (updated paint schemes and such based on the in-game date). Also, don't use -f and -w at the same time; it's one or the other.
Wikingus

Post by Wikingus »

ORIGINAL: Korvar

See my reply here for information related to your issue.

Don't use -fixedArt unless you don't want the rotating art (updated paint schemes and such based on the in-game date). Also, don't use -f and -w at the same time; it's one or the other.

Thanks! Though doesn't help unfortunately - same issue.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

Are you using Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creator's Update / Redstone 3)? I know it has given graphics trouble to some people.

Experiment using / not using the -dd_sw switch. The general advice is to always use it.

FYI, I'm running WitPAE just fine on a GTX 950 using driver ver 23.21.13.8813 (dated 10/27/17). Perhaps a graphics driver uninstall using Display Driver Uninstaller and a rollback to a slightly older driver will do the trick? Even a reinstall of the same version using DDU might work - it does a very thorough job cleaning up any remaining "residue" of previous drivers which may be causing the glitch.
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

ORIGINAL: Wikingus

Glad to help.

OK seems like I've spoken too soon. The game runs, but there's no top menu bar when I'm in the game - means I can't end turn etc. Also no mini map. The map dimensions are also a bit off, and I can't scroll all the way to the edges of the map.

It seems to me, that your monitor doesn't support Full HD. Check your resolution, and put those values into shortcut.
Wikingus

Post by Wikingus »

Are you using Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creator's Update / Redstone 3)? I know it has given graphics trouble to some people.

Experiment using / not using the -dd_sw switch. The general advice is to always use it.

FYI, I'm running WitPAE just fine on a GTX 950 using driver ver 23.21.13.8813 (dated 10/27/17). Perhaps a graphics driver uninstall using Display Driver Uninstaller and a rollback to a slightly older driver will do the trick? Even a reinstall of the same version using DDU might work - it does a very thorough job cleaning up any remaining "residue" of previous drivers which may be causing the glitch.

I'm using version 1607, so that shouldn't be an issue. -dd_sw switch didn't do anything. I've updated the GTX drivers but no difference. I'll try rolling them back a couple of versions if I can.

ORIGINAL: inqistor

ORIGINAL: Wikingus

Glad to help.

It seems to me, that your monitor doesn't support Full HD. Check your resolution, and put those values into shortcut.

Monitor supports full HD and is in 1920x1080. It's all just weird. [X(]
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

I went back further in the thread to see what you've posted thus far...

First, try changing the transparency setting for Windows 10 as witpqs describes here.

Then replace the target field of your shortcut with the following:

D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -pxf1920 -pyf1080 -deepColor -dd_sw -archive -multiaudio -altFont -skipVideo

I've got other things to try as well, but let's see where this gets us.
Wikingus

Post by Wikingus »

I went back further in the thread to see what you've posted thus far...

First, try changing the transparency setting for Windows 10 as witpqs describes here.

Then replace the target field of your shortcut with the following:

D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -pxf1920 -pyf1080 -deepColor -dd_sw -archive -multiaudio -altFont -skipVideo

I've got other things to try as well, but let's see where this gets us.

The main menu music starts playing and the game appears to be running in the background, but I can't actually play it (I just see my desktop as the music rolls, and then I have to turn it off via the task manager). It's a step up from before though since my computer doesn't freeze at least. [:)]
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

Progress is good! [:)]

Try it with -w instead of -f and perhaps use -px1920 and -py1080 to give WitPAE more flexbility, so:

D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor -dd_sw -archive -multiaudio -altFont -skipVideo

The other options will be:

(1) to roll back to an earlier video driver (such as the one I'm using, posted earlier), using Display Driver Uninstall to give you a 'clean slate'. This seems like a good candidate since a driver update is what appears to have prompted the trouble.

(2) It could also be a DirectX issue possibly, which you can read more about in the thread here. A reinstall of WitPAE could be tried first (making sure to complete the DX install), with buying the utility as a last resort. I had trouble with no audio after a return from a hiatus, and a $20 utility (short of a full system reinstall) was the only thing that fixed it.
Wikingus

Post by Wikingus »

Progress is good! [:)]

Try it with -w instead of -f and perhaps use -px1920 and -py1080 to give WitPAE more flexbility, so:

D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor -dd_sw -archive -multiaudio -altFont -skipVideo

The other options will be:

(1) to roll back to an earlier video driver (such as the one I'm using, posted earlier), using Display Driver Uninstall to give you a 'clean slate'. This seems like a good candidate since a driver update is what appears to have prompted the trouble.

(2) It could also be a DirectX issue possibly, which you can read more about in the thread here. A reinstall of WitPAE could be tried first (making sure to complete the DX install), with buying the utility as a last resort. I had trouble with no audio after a return from a hiatus, and a $20 utility (short of a full system reinstall) was the only thing that fixed it.

The new shortcut doesn't work either, but I'll try tinkering with the drivers at some point in the future when I have a bit more free time. I'll follow up with any questions!

In the interim, one shortcut ends up working in windowed mode, so I'll take that for now. Not ideal but if I get a dark desktop background, not half bad. Might even jump into PBEMs again. [:D]
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Official scenarios 1-25, database change for Allies.

michaelm75au, Wirraway and C-12 Boomerang need database changes.

The discussion (starting from post #41)
tm.asp?m=3852047&mpage=2�
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

In case there is another patch, I'd like to propose two GUI improvements in the "create task force" screen:

- toggle to hide /show ships with conversion option currently available - similar to the hide/show ships due to upgrade
- filters for ship nationalities
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

@Yaab
I'm not sure that michaelm75au does any database changes at all, I think programming only.
AFAIk Andy Mac is doing them, you should post here:
tm.asp?m=3198064
Rusty1961

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 17 Sept 2016

Post by Rusty1961 »

I've downloaded 1126b and installed it. What more must I do as some strange icon has appeared and clicking on it does not run the game.
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
Sardaukar

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 17 Sept 2016

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

I've downloaded 1126b and installed it. What more must I do as some strange icon has appeared and clicking on it does not run the game.

Check that the icon points to right folder and .exe-file. Right-click the icon with right mouse button and it'll show the properties of shortcut.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Return to “Tech Support”