ThirdTruimp Game.

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

DRommel

RE: ThirdTruimp Game.

Post by DRommel »

Sea battle in the Gulf of Biscay

Attachments
T7Germ_air..erNov41.jpg
T7Germ_air..erNov41.jpg (85.56 KiB) Viewed 250 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Losses November '41

Attachments
T7_lossesNov41.jpg
T7_lossesNov41.jpg (120.8 KiB) Viewed 250 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

SS November '41

Our troops managed to hold the airbase at Gomel. Now the 1 SS moves north and the 2 SS moves south in support from 7 and 6 armies.
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany december41

Mmmmhhh

This month we got our first big losses on the eastern front. The Russians start to pick of our most forward units and literary cut them up to pieces.

On western front we could sunk a lot supply.

Attachments
T8_counter..es_dec41.jpg
T8_counter..es_dec41.jpg (17.44 KiB) Viewed 250 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany december 41

Ostfront: Winter has arrived with snow in the nord and mud in the south and so stopping my all out offensive.

HrsGrpp nord: A major counter strike on my 2de PzArmy and depleting them. It forced me to take them out of the front-line and back over the river so they can be reinforced and supplied.

HrsGrpp mitte: The 5 and 6 army are moving closer to Smolensk but aren't able to do any major engagements.

HrsGrpp Oekraine: the 7 army expands here bridgehead further towards and in the rear of Kiev
and the SS covers her left flank. Look at those bunkers, this will be a tremendous task.

HrsGrpp sud: Here is the only place with no snow or mud. The 11 and 12 army who retreated to some fierce counter attacks but managed to hold on to their bridgehead, take Korovograde again. This time we want to hold it. In the process we were able to destroy some crucial bunkers on the way to Kiev. This advance together with that of the 7 army narrows down the lifeline for Kiev.

Additional we did some heavy aerial attacks on big troop-concentrations with mixed success.

Attachments
T8Germ_dec41_end.jpg
T8Germ_dec41_end.jpg (299.02 KiB) Viewed 250 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany december 41

Sudfront:
We keep aiding our allies

Westfront:
Our U-boots are doing a good job

Nordfront:
On the Atlantic we started to intercept some transports from the US.

losses december 41

Attachments
T8_lossesdec41.jpg
T8_lossesdec41.jpg (126.9 KiB) Viewed 250 times
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

I might make some AA reports to tell the story from my side, I didnt want to give too much details, of how critical things really were in some places to not encourage even more breakthroughs but im temped to do it, I learned alot playing this game.
It's hateM not hate, I dont hate any one.
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

You just have to do it.
it's fun and with the option of hex colouring and units clocked you are not giving away to much.
My inspiration/example is the item on top of the AAR forum "George vs. Seille - A Russia 1941 AAR over 60 turns"
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

ORIGINAL: DRommel

You just have to do it.
it's fun and with the option of hex colouring and units clocked you are not giving away to much.
My inspiration/example is the item on top of the AAR forum "George vs. Seille - A Russia 1941 AAR over 60 turns"
Do you use MS paint or something else?
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

I use the free download GIMP2
it does the trick for almost everything for me
drawings, photo manipulation, etc

and screenHunter Free takes the screenshots for me

DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany January 42

Ostfront
It's awfully quiet on the Russians side. Just a couple of artillery and air skirmishes is all what happened.
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany January 42

Ostfront:

HrsGrpp nord: All armies gets resupplied, reinforced and rested. Some Art battles

HrsGrpp mitte: the same as nord but with some big airraids.

HrsGrpp Oekraine: The 7 PzArm keeps pushing east taking some strategic bunkers on the road to Kiev.

HrsGrpp sud: The 11 and 12 army move forward. It looks like the Russians have giving up Korovograd. Our troops move fast and are reaching the Dnieper river. These advances narrows the Russian supply line to Kiev to a few hex, that combined with mud got to hurt.
Attachments
T9Germ_jan42_end.jpg
T9Germ_jan42_end.jpg (298.97 KiB) Viewed 253 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany January 42

Sudfront
Air battles over the east medd

Westfront
Subs keep sinking supply

Nordfront
More and more allied destroyers are seen.
Our subs keep doing they job. Large amounts of US supply sunk.
Attachments
T9_counter..es_jan42.jpg
T9_counter..es_jan42.jpg (12.9 KiB) Viewed 252 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany January 42
Attachments
T9Germ_lossesjan42.jpg
T9Germ_lossesjan42.jpg (139.76 KiB) Viewed 252 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany January 42

A new year, time for some statistics

Our forces and production is still growing but raw and oil needs our attention.
Attachments
T9Germ_jan..atistiek.jpg
T9Germ_jan..atistiek.jpg (97.23 KiB) Viewed 252 times
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Sorry, had to reopen the turn for Commonwealth as the game crashed.
Not a bug, but my fault. Loaded a unit to transportships, decide to change the unit and unloaded, changed and loaded again, decided to change the transport fleet and unloaded, and when I wanted to load the unit again … game was blocked.
It proves: It is possible to confuse the engine so much that it surrenders! [;)]
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

@ICYM

I have a couple of questions

1) When a scientist is moved from an university to an synt oilplant, does he begins upgrading this synt oilplant. Or does this upgrade only happens when the science-card is played on the synt oilplant.

2) Production factories: in the table it says they are indestructible but in the text beside the table it says (I did see it to late) "they can be destroyed" and so it happened. Is this the way it has to be or is a bug and applies this only to factories build in the game or for all factories.
icym

Post by icym »

1. The correct way to do it is to move a scientist from a university. Once the scientist is on a synthetic oil plant (you only need to put one scientist on one German Syth. oil plant), at the start of each German turn there is a random chance the upgrade will occur. The upgrade will then be applied to all syth. oil plants, including the SS one.

2. The table is a little misleading. I think it refers to what happens if a location is destroyed. It says Indestructable in the "Loc. on destruct" row, which has a couple of settings in the editor that allow a destroyed location to display a different graphic. In this case it is the text is correct - factories can be destroyed. This applies to both original and newly-built factories. There are exceptions: Industrial centres, research centres, ore and oil mines, supply bases, synth oil, recruitment and enlistment centres and resource centres can't be destroyed.

(This info is correct for the latest version of the scenario and I think it should apply to the version you are playing as well.)

I have also sent a PM with additional information.
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

I will do this AAR from the soviet side because I think it complements Drommel's reports which I like and will be in a similar style.

First the front is organized as 5 big "fronts" + Finnish front rather than armies or army groups, I will refere to them by name since that's what I got used to, they are:

Finnish front (Northern most front)
Yeryomenko front
Timoshenko front
Yeremenko front
Ktrponos front
Tyulenev front (Southern most front)
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

First a little history: In general after the first few turns the lines remains largely static due methodical approach of the Germans and intensive fortification building by the Russians, but also including limited but unstoppable attacks by the Germans and also limited but aggressive attacks by us, with major exception of Tyulenev front in the south which had back-and-forth battles all game and was the most destructive for both sides. Red Airforce was weak but able to launch attacks strong enough to hurt the Germans advance.

june 41, Start of Barbarossa:
Losses are massive, and there is total panic on the front, infact all armies are crushed and the survivors helpless, except 5th Army's Armor formations and 18th army near Odessa which mostly survived. The few mobile units left are retreated into newly set defensive lines.

july 41:
More advancement for the Germans towards major cities of Minsk, Kiev and Kirovgorad in the south, our forces are very weak and mainly consist of raw recruits.

august 41:
Ktrponos front: fortified defensive lines begin to emerge all along the front, especially the Kiev defensive line which was completed before the Germans arrival by sheer luck (any weakness in that line would've led to encirclement and eventual destruction.)
Tyulenev front: The Germans cross the Bug river with a powerful bridgehead, and on the outskirts of Kirovgorad, we manage to cutoff and encircle this bridgehead, our first real victory in the war.

sep 41:
Our losses continue to be massive, averaging 1000+ infantry and corresponding number of artillery and tanks EVERY turn so far.

Yeryomenko front: the enemy crosses the river and holds a powerful bridgehead on the other side, we realize this and rush reserves to plug the line, but the acquired bridgehead will remain in enemy hands for many months to come.
Timoshenko front: we manage to evacuate all of the Minsk garrison by careful planning and a big fleet of trucks and use them as the core of a new defensive line.
Yeremenko front: due to a mistake on the very first turn this front didn't receive any production, this error will cost me dearly later as it turns out to be the main direction of attack of the Germans in this part of the front, for now this front retreats helplessly.

Oct 41:
Yeryomenko front: the enemy fortifies his bridgehead and we reinforce the opposite side of the bridgehead, situation is under control but just barely.
Timoshenko front: due to another error in planning, the Dneiper river which was supposed to be the main defensive line was left weak, allowing the germans crossing in mass and forces us to abandon it completely to avoid encirclement of Timoshenko front.
Yeremenko front: more retreats with no end in sight, spearhead is lead by strong SS units.
Ktrponos front: Powerful Kiev defensive line holds, allowing us to focus on more critical fornts.

Nov 41:
Siberian reinforcement arrives and help stabilize the situation in Yeremenko front which is desperate.
After defeats in Timoshenko front and Yeremenko front (both holding the middle section of the front) we are pushed back completely from the Dnieper river and construct a major new defensive line called the Stalin line, starting from Smolensk in the north (Timoshenko) and ending with the already existing Kiev fortification line which is makes the southern anchor of this line. Many women, children and babies died in the building of this line.
The Red airforce which was constant annoyance to the Germans is attacked in all its major basses and basically wiped out, from this point the Red airforce basically disappears from most of the front.

Dec 41:
Winter finally arrives, with mud in the south grounding all planes, this is a welcome news for Tyulenev front which has been in destructive battles so far, fighting bravely for Kirovgorad which changed sides 4 or 5 times and is now a burning rubble. Considering the Germans have been weared down, we decide to use this opportunity to retreat to a new defensive line or risk total destruction of the front.

Return to “After Action Reports”