Operation Draft East

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

SonnyJim

Operation Draft East

Post by SonnyJim »

General Erich Marcks first designed a plan for the invasion of Russia and called it OP Draft East. In that plan he called for more focused attacks. Concentrate in one area while defending or holding in others. When the objective was taken, then forces would be shifted to a new main effort.

As we know, Barbarossa and Hitler's mettling was too much for the German army to take on all at once with the troops available and probably a key to their loss.

What I would like to see, is a scenario based on Marcks' plan. It would be interesting to see if that would have been successful.

Cheers,
Oberst_Klink

RE: Operation Draft East

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: SonnyJim

General Erich Marcks first designed a plan for the invasion of Russia and called it OP Draft East. In that plan he called for more focused attacks. Concentrate in one area while defending or holding in others. When the objective was taken, then forces would be shifted to a new main effort.

As we know, Barbarossa and Hitler's mettling was too much for the German army to take on all at once with the troops available and probably a key to their loss.

What I would like to see, is a scenario based on Marcks' plan. It would be interesting to see if that would have been successful.

Cheers,
Jim

I think for TOAW IV at least there's one variant of D21 or FitE in the 'pipeline', but not so sure about WitE.

Alas, remember, not only Marcks but also Paulus were busy, under the direction of Halder, to do a 'feasibility' study of a potential struggle against the Soviet Union.

Here's something comprehensive about 'Plan Otto', alas in German. Use G00gle to translate it into the language of your choice.

http://www.zeit.de/1997/38/Plan_Otto

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”