Helicopter dont move

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Rincovsk

Helicopter dont move

Post by Rincovsk »

Capn,

I like to create small scenarios for my own enjoyment. My free time is very sparse, unfortunately. I have noticed that sometimes the enemy helicopters dont move at all during the battle, either attack choppers or the recon ones. For example, the other day I set up a small engagement USA x URSS. I was playing the soviets and have added a Cobra for the americans. Both sides had AAA. The Cobra did not move during the entire course of the battle. Is that intended? Will the AI not move those types of units if the anti-air threats are high? At another small engagement one of the two choppers that I have added to the americans moved the other one dindt...so I am curious...

Best,
CapnDarwin

RE: Helicopter dont move

Post by CapnDarwin »

There are a couple of situations where helicopters will hang back. First is detecting radar from a high threat SAM system. NATO helos being more likely to hold than Soviet. The only system I have seen that scares off Hinds is a Rapier system. Another issue can be a lack of draw forward based on low value VPs or a low number of VPs. You can see if things change if you bump up the VP value of rear area VPs or add some neutral VPs closer to the helos to draw them forward to scout the area.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Rincovsk

RE: Helicopter dont move

Post by Rincovsk »

Hello Capn,

Thank you very much for your reply. Got it, I think my case was low number of VPs. Will try your suggestions.

Cheers

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”