Visual Improvement Pack (VIP 1.0 - for 0.908e) - Maps, Icons, Menus, Extras

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and modding.
CCIP-subsim

RE: Visual Improvement Pack (VIP 0.9) - Maps, Icons, Menus, Extras

Post by CCIP-subsim »

Hi folks,

Thanks for the positive responses and compliments. I've been away from EBDTR for a few months (though you may be glad to hear that I've been working on content/graphics for other Matrix titles in the meantime [:)] ), but I've finally had a chance to check out the 0.908e beta patch and verify that the mod works fine with it.

I uploaded a very small update of the repackaged files - see original post for new link.
The only actual change is a few small fixes to map icon alignment at some of the zoom levels.

I haven't had a chance to check through everything in 0.908e yet so there's a small chance something might be off, in which case I'll issue an update. Otherwise, happy flying (and bombing and intercepting and all that)!
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aLv4J ... GlG7_i-N2Y

(note: the extra files with alternate icons/maps are still there too and can be found in the first post)
riflebrigade

Post by riflebrigade »

VIP appears a must have upgrade for Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich.

Does VIP need to be updated to run with the version 1.3 of Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich?
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: riflebrigade

VIP appears a must have upgrade for Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich.

Does VIP need to be updated to run with the version 1.3 of Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich?
No, but you may notice that most of the latest version of the VIP is already integrated into the 1.03 patch!
Some of the background screens were left out because of the difficulty with reading some of the stock white text in the game. We also left out the color-coded airplane graphics.
I suggest that you view 1.03 first before making any additions.
simovitch

BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Great mod, this is surely a must have, especially all the different map versions.
Brandon_M

Post by Brandon_M »

Thank you for all the hard work!
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

A question, there is a file called btr_alliedstat.psd in the mod were there is also a BMP file with the same name, is that psd file used at all? AFAIK only BMPs are used.

Besides this, do the map icons need an update in the various additional map versions?
I ask because currently there are icons in VIP 1.0 from 2017 while those in the additional maps are from 2016. Positions between these sets of BMP files do not always match so there seems to have been adjustment made that did not reach the optional maps.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

One serious thing I found:
BoB_Axtop.bmp
BoB_Aitop.bmp
These files are way off as they don't use the same segmentation as the original files do. If you use them and look into the weapon database then all top views are not working and just show a half picture.

Correct me but I thought the stock VIP files are to be used with the latest patch(1.05) but it seems that the fix(Fix for plane top views on the Weapons screen in BoB, for those who use game version 1.02 or earlier, without any "unofficial patches") noted in the starting post is need, although it is noted as "for those who use game version 1.02 or earlier".

But even if you do use the fix the graphics "bob_alliedstat.bmp" and "bob_axisstat.bmp" use a wide slot for the top view, unlike the files used in BTR.
So it seems that you do not only need the fix for the top down view but the "bob_alliedstat.bmp" and "bob_axisstat.bmp" have to be adjusted too.

Attachments
BOB weapon..hout fix.jpg
BOB weapon..hout fix.jpg (268.84 KiB) Viewed 685 times
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Here the picture with the fix, looks better but graphics seem different and background graphics do not fit.

Attachments
BOBweapon..withfix.jpg
BOBweapon..withfix.jpg (269.43 KiB) Viewed 683 times
ccruler

Re: Visual Improvement Pack (VIP 1.0 - for 0.908e) - Maps, Icons, Menus, Extras

Post by ccruler »

I'm trying to figure out which file I'm supposed to download to get the main VIP pack, or do I only need to download the map version I want for each?

EDIT: I found the main VIP file in one of your replies and so downloaded it that way.

STILL UNRESOLVED: For the map versions, it says I need permissions to access to download, I made the requests on the ones I wanted.

Return to “Scenarios and Modding”