Harbin....145 Air Factory?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rusty1961

Harbin....145 Air Factory?

Post by Rusty1961 »

My opponent (10/43) has a single aircraft factory at 145 in Harbin.

HOw did he do that? It starts with some 3 or 4 airplane factories and now there is a single, huge factory.

What gives?
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
InfiniteMonkey

RE: Harbin....145 Air Factory?

Post by InfiniteMonkey »

I think you are misinformed or not playing Scenario 1. Only one aircraft factory exists in Harbin:

Attachments
harbin.jpg
harbin.jpg (88.96 KiB) Viewed 56 times
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

I vaguely remember some players aimed for a 225 aircraft factory in Harbin. The rationale was Harbin is the last place in reach of B-29s. The problem is getting fuel to Harbin factories.
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: Yaab
The problem is getting fuel to Harbin factories.
AC factories do not need fuel though, onli HI and engines in the pool
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

My opponent (10/43) has a single aircraft factory at 145 in Harbin.

HOw did he do that? It starts with some 3 or 4 airplane factories and now there is a single, huge factory.

What gives?
factory.

What gives?

He built it up just like any factory. All you need is 10K supply at Harbin. The point really is why and that has been answered.
kbfchicago

Post by kbfchicago »

Three considerations;

1. You can't consolidate factories, if a site started with 3 factories and you change them all to produce the same aircraft, you still have three factories.
2. You can build a factory up to "145", as long as you pay the price to do so (supply & time to build out which includes keeping supply at >10K at that city for each build turn)
3. If you have big factories you also have to have the resource support to run them (see tracker for details, suffices to say just because you build it...doesn't mean you'll have the resource support to run it - this is part of the Japanese production game within the game)

(My recollection is) In stock and all the posted mods I've played Harbin has one (1) factory and no research factories the can later change to production, a game with one factory at a site can only end with one factory (of any size, set by the player over the course of game as noted in #2 above). That being said...mods can be used to change many things, if you have mod'ed you can start with whatever factory configuration you set...but the # and sites of the factories can not be "changed" in game by a player.

I'll typically build up Harbin (as it's in a safe spot) but never that high.
MacBook Pro / WITP-AE running in Parallels v15.x
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I guess it could help in the 'end game', but that's a lotta build for one site. Not to mention a tasty B-29 target when they do get in range. Might even be an incentive to get to it through China.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”