OT... Military Board Games

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Mikawa

RE: OT... Military Board Games

Post by Mikawa »

Have Over 400 board games from SPI to MMP. It’s a “good” bad habit.

SPI’s Highway to the Reich, even given all its design issues, is one of the all time classics.

This crazy War in the Pacific AE computer game has pretty much eaten up all my gaming time for last several years. But lately have been playing GTS Devils Cauldron. Great game. But you always come back to WitP.

Too many games not enough time!
jhyden

Post by jhyden »

i played a lot of AH games back in the eighties. my first was Tobruk. Also played PanzerBlitz, PanzerLeader, War at Sea, Victory in the Pacific and Third Reich. Bought but never played The Longest Day. After computer gaming came out, I played Steel Panthers 1 and 2, Soldiers at War (anyone remember that?), TR pc edition, SPWAW (the version when SSI went out of business and matrix took over), Close Combat 1 and 2 and The Operational Art of War. Now, after a long hiatus, i am now starting to play WITP.ae

~
Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

The "Der Weltkrieg" series by SPW is the ultimate strategic-level WWI boardgame on the market right now.
http://spwgame.com/games/
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
Piercing Fortress Europa Research Team
Desert War 1940-1942 Alpha/Beta Tester
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Mikawa

Have Over 400 board games from SPI to MMP. It’s a “good” bad habit.

SPI’s Highway to the Reich, even given all its design issues, is one of the all time classics.

This crazy War in the Pacific AE computer game has pretty much eaten up all my gaming time for last several years. But lately have been playing GTS Devils Cauldron. Great game. But you always come back to WitP.

Too many games not enough time!

Man after my own heart.

Your collection is about double the size of mine.

Don't own Highway to the Reich, but have played.
Hans

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Read in the papers this morning that one of the lotteries is up to 1 billion dollars. Going to get some tickets when I'm done here. Of course if I win there will be an AE2, and I will find and buy a building where I can set up all my board games.[:D]

Edit:

P.S. Will also find and fund someone (or more) to help that poor slob whose doing WIF, so it can be improved.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”