Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Scarz

RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Post by Scarz »

I installed the new scenarios, seems like they go to a different location than the base game, and while they look good, the time it takes the computer to play a turn of Calm Before the Storm makes it almost unplayable. Is this increased time a product of the scenarios location?

Thanks.

Scar
"When in doubt, lash out."
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Scarz,

The time difference is simply due to the size of that particular mod and the number of extra events that mod contains.

You could always try a smaller mod such as the Advanced Third Reich mod to compare.
jelelo94

Post by jelelo94 »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

ORIGINAL: ILCK

I saw the post discussing that it would save any existing user-made campaigns but I am not sure where that would be. I see nothing in my folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe that looks like what I would expect to be this save of other campaign.

Hi ILCK,

If you navigate to the following folder you should see a BACKUP of the previous CAMPAIGNS folder, hopefully this helps:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\

Just copy/paste any from the backup CAMPAIGNS folder over to this folder and it should work fine after that:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

Hubert

Hi Hubert.

Finally!! I can play now without the new sprites, but at least it works.

Thank you very much.
Rake

Post by Rake »

ORIGINAL: AZKGungHo

Hey all,

I LOVE the fact you put this package together, it's great. But it's not working properly. I have my SC installed as usual and installed this package the same way. Yet when I pick any of the Mods to play I get the message below. When attempting to play I can't get any dialog when I right click on any units I control either.

Help!

I'm getting the same warning for all of the community pack games. I have checked and I do have the correct installer downloaded.

I have the Matrix version of the game; I do not use Steam unless that's the only way a game is offered. I also have the game on my D: drive. My C: drive is a boot disk and all storage is on D: My Documents folder is on the C drive, but this is the only SC data stored here.

The computer I'm trying to load this pack onto is Win 10. I have not yet tried to put it on my Win 7 computer, as I share that with my wife and gaming time on there is limited. But, I had the same issue when trying to install only the Fall Weiss mod on the Win 10 computer. I had no problems at all installing Fall Weiss on the Win 7 machine.

My suspicion is that, due to the dual drive setup on my Win 10 computer, the game is having trouble finding the mods. I will download this onto the other computer and see if there are any issues with that install.

FYI, I have another (Win 10) laptop which also had problems with the Fall Weiss mod
Rake

Post by Rake »

ORIGINAL: Rake

ORIGINAL: AZKGungHo

Hey all,

I LOVE the fact you put this package together, it's great. But it's not working properly. I have my SC installed as usual and installed this package the same way. Yet when I pick any of the Mods to play I get the message below. When attempting to play I can't get any dialog when I right click on any units I control either.

Help!

I'm getting the same warning for all of the community pack games. I have checked and I do have the correct installer downloaded.

I have the Matrix version of the game; I do not use Steam unless that's the only way a game is offered. I also have the game on my D: drive. My C: drive is a boot disk and all storage is on D: My Documents folder is on the C drive, but this is the only SC data stored here.

The computer I'm trying to load this pack onto is Win 10. I have not yet tried to put it on my Win 7 computer, as I share that with my wife and gaming time on there is limited. But, I had the same issue when trying to install only the Fall Weiss mod on the Win 10 computer. I had no problems at all installing Fall Weiss on the Win 7 machine.

My suspicion is that, due to the dual drive setup on my Win 10 computer, the game is having trouble finding the mods. I will download this onto the other computer and see if there are any issues with that install.

FYI, I have another (Win 10) laptop which also had problems with the Fall Weiss mod

As I suspected, the Community Pack runs perfectly on the Win 7 computer. The Fall Weiss mod installed and ran perfectly from the day I loaded it on the same computer. I'm guessing that the game has problems finding files when they're located on different drives

My problem on my Win 10 computer is that the boot (C:) drive has very little available space. Were it an option, I would have placed nothing on this drive beyond the OS and Photoshop. Unfortunately, several games require mods to be stored in My Documents on the boot drive which has nearly filled this disk.
Icier

Post by Icier »

I have the same problem for all my community loaded files. [&:][&:]
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

For those still having issues, I would make a backup of the current 'Campaigns' folder, then delete it, and try reinstalling from a fresh download of the community pack found here:

http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Strategi ... -v1.10.zip

The path to the campaigns folder is typically here on most systems:

C:\Users\<WindowsUserName>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

I just suggest this as the missing INI file issue is something that was definitely a problem with the initial release of the community pack, but should be resolved with the latest download link shown above.

Hubert
kessler1975

Post by kessler1975 »

got this error Failed(initialize, morale,surface,flags etc)segmentation violation when loading Advanced third reich 41.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Another player has reported this error as well and we are not really sure why as it seems to be machine specific at the moment. One way to avoid this error is to navigate to the following folder on your end:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns\_Advanced Third Reich 1941 Scenario

Then open the campaign.ini file and change the following line to this:

#CUSTOM_BITMAPS= 0

This will turn off the custom bitmaps but it should allow you to then play the mod.
kessler1975

Post by kessler1975 »

it's working now, thank you.
Rake

Post by Rake »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

For those still having issues, I would make a backup of the current 'Campaigns' folder, then delete it, and try reinstalling from a fresh download of the community pack found here:

http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Strategi ... -v1.10.zip

The path to the campaigns folder is typically here on most systems:

C:\Users\<WindowsUserName>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

I just suggest this as the missing INI file issue is something that was definitely a problem with the initial release of the community pack, but should be resolved with the latest download link shown above.

Hubert

This worked... Thanks, Hubert
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

For steam users, will the latest version of the campaign update eventually?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

It should have already been updated automatically as both Steam and Matrix currently have the latest versions of the Community Packs. If not let me know.
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

My current pbem opponent told me the downloadable community pack had the 10.1 version of Fall Weiss II but on steam I'm still with 9.1.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Fall Weiss 10.1 is currently only available via my dropbox link. I have not submitted a version newer then 9.1 to the Community Pack.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

gotcha! False alarm, Hubert!
nnason

Post by nnason »

Crispy131313,

I am playing 10.1 as the Axis.
It is July 7, 1940 and France falls. I am playing with different strategies and I noticed second time got very different amount to plunder. So I did a bunch of times. Most likely was around 1,000 but had values as low as 920 and as high as 1140. Is this normal for there to be a 20% variation between the low and the high amount?
Would this be the same for the standard 1939 scenario?

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: nnason

Crispy131313,

I am playing 10.1 as the Axis.
It is July 7, 1940 and France falls. I am playing with different strategies and I noticed second time got very different amount to plunder. So I did a bunch of times. Most likely was around 1,000 but had values as low as 920 and as high as 1140. Is this normal for there to be a 20% variation between the low and the high amount?
Would this be the same for the standard 1939 scenario?

This is not my shenanigans it's part of the game. I think one of the variables is how many surrendering units are left on the map. The less equipment you destroy the more you can re-commission type of thing.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

ikrananka

Post by ikrananka »

Is the community pack being updated to play under v1.12, or does it work in this version already?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

As the v1.12 update is mostly default campaign corrections and bug fixes for the game engine, the Community Pack is unaffected and not in need of related updating. It will simply work with the latest update as is.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”