Error resolving land attack

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

hazmaxed

Error resolving land attack

Post by hazmaxed »

I am having a problem resolving the combat between the 2 CW units against the Bulgarian unit in Salonica, Greece. It is supported by 5 CW SCSs in the Eastern Med.

After clicking the OK button to resolve the attack, the mouse cursor changes to the spinning circle until the error message pops up.

A save game file is attached (hopefully). It has been a long time since I have posted anything, trying to get a screenshot in, but I'm not sure if I will be able to.

Thanks

Edit 1-I had the initial problem after selecting blitzkrieg and clicking OK. The message popped up that all losses had been assigned. THEN I clicked OK and got the spinning cursor, and the eventual error message.

After reloading the save and retrying by selecting assault, the land attack resolved with no issues, as did the subsequent attack in Manchuria (assault).

I am going to try to replicate the error by selecting blitzkrieg to see what happens.

Edit 2-I was able to repeat the error by selecting blitzkrieg. The last click of OK to select the CW unit to be destroyed is when the spinning cursor and eventual error message occurred this time.
Attachments
GlobalWar..llies13.zip
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "reloading."
Centuur

RE: Error resolving land attack

Post by Centuur »

This game goes into an infinite loop. I don't know why. Also it's very strange to see the Mad Except form appearing in the screen and than disappearing again behind the detailed map. I couldn't send the Mad Except. Strange bug...
Peter
hazmaxed

Post by hazmaxed »

I ended up starting from the land movement autosave and got past it by not doing the CW attack. The attack in Manchuria did not cause an error.
There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "reloading."
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

This game goes into an infinite loop. I don't know why. Also it's very strange to see the Mad Except form appearing in the screen and than disappearing again behind the detailed map. I couldn't send the Mad Except. Strange bug...
The most recent MadExcept will be in: C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames. It is named 'bugreport.txt' and can be sent manually as an attachment.
Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: hazmaxed

I ended up starting from the land movement autosave and got past it by not doing the CW attack. The attack in Manchuria did not cause an error.
I did not have any problems with the land combat in Greece. I tried several Blitz combats controlling the die roll to get different results.

===

It does take a long time to recalculate supply: usually 15-17 seconds, but I saw a 49 second delay once. Perhaps on your computer it takes longer. There is a maximum time (180 seconds?) past which Mad Except kicks in and says the program isn't doing anything. If you select Continue Application from the Mad Except message form, it should finish calculating supply.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”