Another freeze game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

Ticonderoga60

Another freeze game

Post by Ticonderoga60 »

Good year everyone. It always seems to me, another "freezed games". Always during enemy AI movement segment.
Unfortunately, the bug happens very often. Peter, can you give a little look? THX
Attachments
1.zip
(42.38 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Paullus

RE: Another freeze game

Post by Paullus »

It could be the amount of exit hexes that makes the AI confused. Peter will have to take a look at this. You could try to do two things to test whats causing the delay.

1. Lower the amount of Exit Hexes drastically for testing purpose, I would say keep just one and test.
2. Lower the Daylight Visibility to 10 hexes and test.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

I've also experienced game crashes with TotH and always during the AI's turn. The situation seems random and repeatable. Saving my progress on a PC is something I learned a long time ago and even though PC's and software are so much more reliable now crashes still happen. I save after every turn so after a crash I would just reload and often the crash will occur with the same AI unit. After a few retries making the same moves it kept crashing at the same point so I had to alter my initial moves to avoid having that AI unit respond and that made the game playable again. The difference with me and Ticonderoga is that the crashes occur less than 1 in 10 times of play.[8|]
Ticonderoga60

Post by Ticonderoga60 »

Peter, I followed your suggestion and everything went well without "freeze". Evidently it is important to limit the exit hexagons, so as not to generate "uncertainties" in the AI. Thank for your support!!
Ticonderoga60

Post by Ticonderoga60 »

Excuse me, THX Paullus (I was wrong the name in before post).
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

That's cool. I'm pleased it worked out.[:)]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Return to “Tech Support”