What Happened?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Naughteous Maximus

What Happened?

Post by Naughteous Maximus »

[&:]I had no problem changing or adding new TOE in the previous version before v1.01.68 but since I downloaded the newest update, I've noticed that the Reserve division and Field Training division TOE is gone. Every time I try to re-add it to the TOE with the editor, and save it, its gone when I get back into the editor the following day. Never had this problem before. I had no problem modding or adding new TOE(OB) before.
Denniss

RE: What Happened?

Post by Denniss »

All modified data files and scenarios will be overwritten by a patch install. If you modify a scenario with OB changes you'd better use a new name for the scenario and lock the generic data within this scenario.
If you want to change OBs in generic data you have to load generic data in editor and then activate the OB checkbox to enable saving OBs
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Naughteous Maximus

This patch added Reserve Panzer divisions yet removed the Reserve Division and Field Training Division TOE from the Germans.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

I did not remove OBs, Field Training divs use OB 340, Reserve Inf divs either 340 or 527
Naughteous Maximus

In my TOE(OB), 0340 is 43 Infantry Division (Ger 11/42). 0527 is 44b Infantry Division (Ger 9/43). There are no German Reserve Divisions, and no German Field Training Divisions.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Reserve and Field Training is part of the unit name, not of the OB. Both OBs are dual-used by standard Inf divs and the reserve/training divs.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”