4de Triumph game

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

DRommel

RE: 4de Triumph game

Post by DRommel »

Germany september'41

The Russian army keeps trying to stabilise the front by taking up positions behind here big rivers.
Many of my forward spearheads get a visit from the Russian airforce or are bombarded by all kind of art.

Attachments
Russiasept41_ratio.jpg
Russiasept41_ratio.jpg (14.54 KiB) Viewed 415 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany september '41

Ostfront:

HrsGrpp nord:
The 2 army abandoned here crossing over the Daugava River to give flank coverage and assistance to 4 army who is also crossing the river. Doing so the 4 army was able to surround and destroy an number of Russian units.
The 3 army moves towards Smolensk but they meet some fierce resistance in front of the city.
Luftflotte N-Russia had great success. It managed to destroy an airfield just north of 4 army and destroyed an airgroup (+15). Also the airfields S-E of Smolensk got a visit resulting in big losses for the Russian airforce.

HrsGrpp mitte:
The 5 army has almost ended here task of cleaning up the stranded Russian units in our sector and is now fast moving towards Smolensk
The 6 army did get here biggest victory of the campaign. The army crossed the river drove in to the back of Gomel then turned east towards Briansk and the nearby transport factory who were both found undefended. A bigger surprise was the airbase to the east, here a panzer unit surprised a largo airgroup on the ground (+20).
The 7 Army managed in battle to get across the river and close in on Gomel from the south.

HrsGrpp Oekraine:
The 8 army takes Psinsk and now closes in on Kiev from the north while the 10 army coming from the Karpedian Mountains moves in from the south. Both armies shell the city for the first time.
The 9 army tries to find a way to cross the river further south.

HrsGrpp sud:
The 11 and 12 army drive to the east taking both Kirovograd and the nearby airbase after surrounding them first.
Recon reveals large enemy forces behind the big river(s) south a east.

SS: Our elite forces managed, after an art bombardment, to take Kiev.

Attachments
Germany sept41_end.jpg
Germany sept41_end.jpg (307.16 KiB) Viewed 415 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany september 41

HrsGrpp nord:
- River crossing and attacks by the 4 PzArm between Riga and Smolensk
- Destruction of an airfield and subsequently also the airgroup
- Hard fighting towards Smolensk by the 3 and 5 army

Attachments
Germ-sept4..rpp-nord.jpg
Germ-sept4..rpp-nord.jpg (164.28 KiB) Viewed 415 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany september 41

HrsGrpp mitte and Oekraine

- rivercrossing an heavy fighting south of Gomel by the 7 PzArmy
- surprise attack by a Panzerunit on the undefended airbase nord of Briansk

Attachments
Germ-sept4..pp-mitte.jpg
Germ-sept4..pp-mitte.jpg (136.83 KiB) Viewed 415 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany september 41

HrsGrpp sud

- The drive to the south-east of the 11 and 12 army and the capture of Novogorod and the airbase just to the east.
- The Russian army has blown all the bridges over the Dnieper in an attempt to stop our advance.

Attachments
Germsept4..GrppSud.jpg
Germsept4..GrppSud.jpg (134.85 KiB) Viewed 415 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany september 41

sudfront:
- we continue to support our allies and bomb Rhodos

westfront:
- in the gulf of Biscay we keep on harassing Allied shipping much supply sunk.

nordfront:
- in the Nord-Atlantic there are still allot of enemy destroyers and subs. Some of them we attacked and sunk.

ITALY
We go on a full offensive in N-Afrika and our navy attacks Allied ships.

AXIS
We take the abandoned and intact city of Odessa. We follow the Russians close.
Our task of cleaning out the pockets of Russian units gets well underway.

FINLAND
we keep building

SS attack on Kiev, Italian attack in N-Afrika
Attachments
SS_Italy_sept41_att.jpg
SS_Italy_sept41_att.jpg (107.17 KiB) Viewed 415 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Geramny september 41

after 4 months of all out war our economics looks pretty good.
- our army is still growing after or despite operation Barbarossa.
- we could increased our production significant
- raw production is on track
- also oil production is on the positive side

Attachments
Economy_sept41.jpg
Economy_sept41.jpg (161.22 KiB) Viewed 416 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Hi,

does anyone now what's happened to this game
The US turn sits long time in dropbox and my E-mails get no response at all.
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

First of all
@ Icym specially
I think a discovered a bug in this scenario
The SS produced an AA tracked unit but instead that it moves as tracked it moves as a gun
so way to slow
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany oktober 41

Ostfront
The Russians stop running and are now trying to take up defending positions in or behind good natural protected areas.

Hrgrpp Nord
The 2 Pzarm pushed further north bypassing Riga defenders. The 4 PzArm and 5 Arm, who has finish of the initial box-in Russian units, managed to take Smolensk after heavy fighting. In conjunction the 3 Arm gets round the Russian armies defending the area around Smolensk on the south side. These drives piratically surround the Russians there.

HrsGrpp mitte
Along side the 3 Arm of Hrsgrpp nord, the 6PzArm drives east closing in on the city of Tula and taking Kursk unopposed.This cuts also a major supply line from Moscow to the south. The 7 PzArm, after fierce fighting, is able to push further east and in to rear of the defenders of the Kiev area.

HrsGrpp Oekaine
The 8 Arm almost complete here task of clearing Pinsk and is now heading towards Kiev. While the 9 PzArm managed to cross the Dnieper river south of the Kremenchuk reservoir. Cutting the life line of the Kiev defenders even further. An airborn assault on the last remaining road towards Kiev makes the encirclement complete.

HrsGrpp sud
The 11 and 12 Arm drive to the banks of the Dnieper river. Here the Russians have blown all the bridges and taking up defensive positions behind the big river.

Attachments
Germanyokt41_end.jpg
Germanyokt41_end.jpg (395.81 KiB) Viewed 415 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany oktober 41

Sudfront
Luftwaffe keeps attacking Rhodos

Westfront
Our U-Boots are sinking a fare amount of British supply in the gulf of Biscay

Nordfront
The British fleet is trying to block our access to the north Atlantic by a large amount of destroyers and subs.

Italy oktober 41
We keep pushing in N-Africa but the Allies are bringing up vast numbers of fresh troops. Our airforce managed the destroy 5 units who where hurt the previous month and didn't retread far enough and didn't get reinforcements.
We landed some forces on the N-African coast behind the British units. Our subs also sank many supply of the coast of Tunis

Axis minors
We try to keep up whit the retreating Russians and reach the Dnieper.
Meanwhile our 1 and 2 army start to have a real go at destroying the last Russian pockets.

Finland
all quiet

DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany oktober 41: Losses

Attachments
Germanyok..d_losses.jpg
Germanyok..d_losses.jpg (96.41 KiB) Viewed 416 times
icym

Post by icym »

ORIGINAL: DRommel

First of all
@ Icym specially
The SS produced an AA tracked unit but instead that it moves as tracked it moves as a gun
so way to slow

My bad, sorry about that. Has been added to the list of things to fix.
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

ORIGINAL: icym

ORIGINAL: DRommel

First of all
@ Icym specially
so way to slow

My bad, sorry about that. Has been added to the list of things to fix.
also just to confirm that, Germany's tracked AA also has this problem.
It's hateM not hate, I dont hate any one.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Turn for SU and Spain played.
Norway is next.
robphx387

Post by robphx387 »

Just started playing ATG recently, I must say that your opening moves were very impressive. One of these days, I should try playing humans (though, im sure I'll be slaughtered since I still have some very basic supply bottleneck issues I have yet to figure out a solution for).

Quick question about the AAR posting process itself though:

I've been working to put together an AAR, but I'm not sure what the best way to use pictures on this forum is; can you give me a suggestion? I could post links to flickr, but what else can I do that will embed the picture in the post? I tried attaching, but in the "preview" function, I see nothing of the image in the post.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

You can attach only one picture in each post. There is a little tickbox next to the "Click here to upload!", if ticked, will embed the picture in the post.

Some people like more than 1 picture in each post, others just post 1 picture, and tell a story about that one, before moving on to the next. It's really your preference that should decide.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany November 41

Ostfront: The Russian army is now trying really hard to defend and stop my advance. My armies are stretched out and need to regroup before they are able to break the Russians again.

HrsGrpp Nord:
The 1 army discovered that Riga was poor defended and attack. They could take the city. The 2 Pzarm was able to go behind the city and incircle some units. They also help taken Psov. The 3 army is strengthen the circle around Smolensk together with the SS.
HrsGrpp Mitte
The 6 and 7 army drive deeper into Russian and reach the Don river south of Tula where a large enemy force has dig in.
HrsGrpp Oekaine
The 8 and 10 army take on the encircled units around Kiev
HrsGrpp Sud
The 9 and 12 army reach Kharkov while the 11 heads towards the sea.
Attachments
Germanynov41_end.jpg
Germanynov41_end.jpg (308.35 KiB) Viewed 416 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany December 41

Ostfront: winter has come, thanks to our commander-in-chief's orders, we have almost completed our regrouping and are ready to move. The mud in the south is a big problem. All air is grounded and fast movement is out of order.

HrsGrpp nord: The 1 arm after taken Riga keeps pushing nord together with the 2 PzArm on its flank. The 5 arm now moves in to relieve Psov and is also ready to go nord. The Exp arm Russia has landed in Talinn and into the back of the defending Russian units.
HrsGrpp mitte: After taken Smolensk the 4 arm drives east towards Moskov. Here they screen a Russian defends line.
The 3 arm and elements of the 8 arm are closing in on them from the south and the SS pushes in into the rear.
The 6 arm regroups in front of Tula together with the 3 SS PzArm. Here also the Russian have erected a strong defends line.
HrsGrpp Oekraïne: The 7 and 9 arm keep pushing east crossing the Don river on they way to Tambov. The 10 arm is starting to finish of the last units of the Kiev pocket.
HrsGrpp sud: The 11 and 12 arm drive east towards Rostov destroying or encircling every opposition. The 13 arm pushes towards the Krim entrance.

Attachments
Germany dec41_end.jpg
Germany dec41_end.jpg (233.09 KiB) Viewed 418 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Germany December 41

Sudfront: We keep bombarding Allied troops on Rhodos

Westfront: Anti shipping in the gulf of Biskay

Nordfront: Battle of the Atlantic goes on

ITALY dec 41
Victory in N-Africa. After several months of battle the city Tobruk falls. The British troops retreat but we follow close by. We continue to put troops on road to Egypt.

AXIS MINORS dec 41
Armies of Hungaria take on the last units of the encircled Russians in the Kapedian Mountains. The Roemenian army pushes towards the Krim entrance.

FINLAND dec 41
All quiet and preparing to go to war and pay- and take back the Russians for the losses in the winter war.

Return to “After Action Reports”