TOAW TOE's [some]

Post new mods and scenarios here
sPzAbt653

TOAW TOE's [some]

Post by sPzAbt653 »

If you are designing a scenario, this file could be of some help. Specific Equipment for various types of units from known sources have been translated into TOAW units. Countries that are currently included are Germany, UK, USA and Russia.

After unzipping the file, place the 'TOAW TOE's-2' folder into your Graphics Override folder, and the 'TOAW TOE's-2.sce' file into the scenario folder of your choice.

Edit: Fred Henriksson [polarenper] made a very detailed pdf of German TO&E's, and that has been added to this zip. Thanks Fred for all of that great work !

v1.20 for TOAW v4.1.0.30 has been posted:
Attachments
TOAW TOE's-2.zip
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Last edited by sPzAbt653 on Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sPzAbt653

RE: TOAW TOE's [some]

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Note that by definition, this is not a scenario, it is a collection of TO&E's. To use it, open the 'TOAW TOE's-2' scenario in the Editor.

You will see what looks like a blank screen [these screen shots use some custom graphics so may look different from what you see, but it is the same]. To find a specific country, hit 'b' on the keyboard and type in the country name, then hit Enter.

Attachments
TOE1.jpg
TOE1.jpg (137.04 KiB) Viewed 303 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

You will be taken to an area of the map that contains various German units. It looks messy, but the units are organized and if you use this file you will get used to it.

Attachments
TOE2.jpg
TOE2.jpg (182.74 KiB) Viewed 301 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Go to the Force Editor and you will see all of the included units and their Equipment. In this case a German Infantry Division from Welle.1 is selected on the right, and its' Equipment is seen on the left. In some cases, units are further broken down [in this case, immediately below the German Division is a breakdown into its' regimental organization].

Attachments
TOE3.jpg
TOE3.jpg (182.45 KiB) Viewed 301 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Back at the map, hitting the Spacebar will hide all units and reveal the numbers for some Footnotes. These Footnote numbers correspond to notes contained in the Scenario Briefing. Footnotes mostly pertain to the source, but in some cases include other unit notes.

Ideally, this file would contain every unit from every country, but ain't nobody got time for that! All TOE's included in this file are verified as best can be, and except where noted don't include any made up stuff. These are historical TOE's and do not reflect actual strengths in real life situations [where the two often differed[. The point of the file is to save a little research time when initially setting up a scenario.

Attachments
TOE4.jpg
TOE4.jpg (181.57 KiB) Viewed 300 times
Nicholas Bell

Post by Nicholas Bell »

Thank you! [&o]
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Nicholas Bell

Thank you! [&o]
Behold, oh grandmaster of editor software of the DOS game decade...

Attached Telumar's (Stefan's) bloody marvellous TO&E for German Panzer Divisions 42/43. He did that to assist poor me in my task to re-create the Kharkov '43 OOB and TO&E; and i am ever grateful to him.

Klink, Oberst
Attachments
TheGerman..1942_43.zip
(82.73 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

This is a nice help for TOAW IV and for other games.

Wait - there are no other games like IV. Well, maybe one or two [;)]

EDIT: Actually, just one that I'm working with now - creating new Command Op2 estabs. What a job.
r6kunz

Post by r6kunz »

Incredible job, SPzAbt653 (aka Steve).
Beautifully done.
I would like to put in a plug for the FITE team. Norm did a remarkable job with equipment values (AT AP Def etc.) but any one of us who has worked with his values have our pet peeves. "How can you say Pz x has the same value as a T-Y??".
The FITE team has put in years of research into hard data (shell weight, the rate of fire, reliability, squad size, LMG, MMG, HMG, etc, etc) and have come up with arguably the most realistic values. The downside is, as FITE implies, it only applies to the East Front plus a good number of lend-lease equipment.

Now that we have the Equipment Editor incorporated in TOAWIV, it is easy to transpose these more accurate values,
I have used the value in Road to Moscow series with the following acknowledgment:

"Many thanks to Soren 'Doc' Gaun as well as other members of the FITE team, Kristian 'Teufel' Kristensen, Stefan 'Snefens' Kristensen for allowing elements of the OOB, TOE, and .eqp values of their scenario FITE2 to be incorporated in Road to Moscow Series"
Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.
Hoyt Burrass

Post by Hoyt Burrass »

where do I find the graphics override folder...I find graphics...but no override folder.
Roll Tide
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: High Krausen

where do I find the graphics override folder...I find graphics...but no override folder.
\Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV\Graphics Override

Have a smashing 2018!

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Hoyt Burrass

Post by Hoyt Burrass »

thank you!
Roll Tide
olaui13

Post by olaui13 »

sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I never understood all the German designations for their Self-Propelled AA Guns, so I researched them and gave them names and silhouettes that made sense to me. Along with a few other changes made since the last time this was posted, the link in post #1 has been updated.

Attachments
jpeg116.jpg
jpeg116.jpg (55.71 KiB) Viewed 302 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”