German research limits

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

RyeMacD

German research limits

Post by RyeMacD »

Super noobie here...why are the German research categories for command & control, infantry, armour, aerial and naval warfare limited to 1 level (the level in the research screen is red)? Is there some way to unlock this?
RyeMacD
Taxman66

RE: German research limits

Post by Taxman66 »

Those are the maximum values for all countries, and Germany starts out with all of them researched (that is why they are red).
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
RyeMacD

Post by RyeMacD »

Thanks Taxman. Do you also happen to know why germans can only research to level 2 infantry while allies and ussr can research to higher levels? I can't find why in the manual
RyeMacD
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Only the USSR can reach level 3.
And only there generic Corps and Armies (i.e. not Shock Armies or ENG, SF or other specialty INF) can get to level 3.

If you looked at the soviet corps/armies detailed stats you will know why.

Think of it more like the Soviets have a max of level 2 but are starting at -1 instead of 0.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
RyeMacD

Post by RyeMacD »

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

Only the USSR can reach level 3.
And only there generic Corps and Armies (i.e. not Shock Armies or ENG, SF or other specialty INF) can get to level 3.

If you looked at the soviet corps/armies detailed stats you will know why.

Think of it more like the Soviets have a max of level 2 but are starting at -1 instead of 0.

thank you kindly sir this makes sense to me and really helps?
RyeMacD

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”