Headphone recommendation

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wodin

Headphone recommendation

Post by wodin »

Just tried out the SteelSeries 350 vs HyperX 2.

Both similar prices but the 350 has since been superseded by the new Arctic Series.

So both headphones have 7.1 surround feature. 350 has lights but the HyperX doesn't (no biggy there) The lights for 350 are pretty limited anyway to be honest.

I listened to the 350 first a few weeks ago was pretty impressed. However Freja got the HyperX for Xmas and even regarding packaging HyperX comes out on top. They are boxed up like a quality product and comes with a spare set of ear pieces unlike the 350.

In comparison the 350 was boxed very basic fashion. HyperX comes way ahead so far.

Now onto sound. Now I had the 350 set for awhile and I was very impressed with the sound quality and would have had no qualms in recommending them to people. Freja got the HyperX for Xmas as I mentioned and I hasve just listened to the same piece of music with same settings and same volume and I have to say HyperX again comes out ontop without question. The Bass in particular was far superior with the HyperX set. Plus at full volume HyperX is louder but still crisp. 350 is crisp at full volume aswell but HyperX is just more impressive. I really can't recommend HyperX 2 enough.

Thankfully I got the 350 rather cheap otherwise I'd be wishing I'd have gone for the HyperX set.

If you check Amazon you'll see the HyperX 2 comes out well with user reviews.

Now the big test is to see if either are still working in 6 months as so many headphones I've had have broke in one way or other.

Kuokkanen

RE: Headphone recommendation

Post by Kuokkanen »

Computer store had recommended me HyperX 2 to go with HTC Vive, so I bought it for 99,89 €. Sounds good, but cable hangs on the left side of my head and shoulder. I have it (the cable) in bundle and plugged on to Vive, but it still feels like getting in the way a bit. For everything else, I got Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II speakers for 109,90 € (again recommended by salesman). But this sound setup feels... little cheap compared to rest of the hardware: 818,70 € graphic adapter, 539 € monitor, 349 € SSDrive, 129 € keyboard... You get the point. And yesterday I found out BD-drive don't work because someone hadn't connected the cables to it, and they charged me 90 € for assembly [:@][:-]

Well... Even though I had some savings to throw, it's not like my pockets are bottomless and therefore I didn't get Genelec speakers. Yet. Some day...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Wireless for me, when I'm not using them they are recharging on their platform. In theory battery can last 18 hours. Not the state of the art, but more than enough. No bloody cables and just €62.

Attachments
SonyMDRR..RKimage.jpg
SonyMDRR..RKimage.jpg (38.92 KiB) Viewed 22 times
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: wodin
Now the big test is to see if either are still working in 6 months as so many headphones I've had have broke in one way or other.

Then I'm lucky. I got mine (above) in mid march, so that makes 9 months already. Zero problems, but I guess you can't go wrong with Sony.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934

Return to “General Discussion”